"Jap import " racist ?

Page 2 / 2
doglover2003, Jun 18, 10:18pm
Cause it is racist ! Rice burner way more appropriate.

puddleduck00, Jun 19, 1:59am
Wow there is actually some racism in here. I don't like racism against any race. I might do a u-turn and stop using the term "Jap" - If this is an indication of the caliber of people that use the term, then it is used in a derogatory manner.

intrade, Jun 19, 2:29am
i recon the word racist is offending me so i want that word banned from use. so we can all go back to being racists and not asociate your---> white or your -->black with racism. because its ok of a balck guy calls me white but its not ok if i call em black. How come? its the same thing and its just shows todays stupidty of what is racist . its gone bonkers with stupidity of what is classed as racist comments.

macman26, Jun 19, 2:36am
I thought the word Nip you couldn't use as was seen as racist. Now then it's cold you have to call it Jappy.

floscey, Jun 19, 2:52am
whats those JAP stickers that some imports have on the windscreen ?

elect70, Jun 19, 3:24am
Perhaps i could object to being called a kiwi , a defenceless chubby, useless , flightless bird that just scratches around in the forest for food . doesnt hunt or serve any usefull purpose , cant even eat them .

edbabynz, Jun 19, 3:28am
Smart stuff by 2 cheap. It wasn't long ago Honda tried to drag them across the coals for using the Kiwi names for the Japanese versions of the same car. And they got some good mileage out of that too (pun intended).
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/68956019/honda-nz-threatening-legal-action-over-2-cheap-cars-ad

doglover2003, Jun 19, 3:32am
Yeah to right.
Tell ya what bloody racism is - Maori drivers with no licence not being fined. I'd be more than pissed if my son was caught with no licence and
given a $400 fine while his Maori mate with no licence pays no $400.
I have all been for the treaty and Maori rights but this latest crap enough
to make me do a U-turn - maybe should of just said stuff it you got your guns and blankets end of ! Time for civil war ?

edbabynz, Jun 19, 3:53am
"Affirmative action" has been around for a while now.
Individuals of M??ori or other Polynesian descent are often afforded improved access to university courses, or have scholarships earmarked specifically for them. Affirmative action is provided for under section 73 of the Human Rights Act 1993 and section 19 of the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990.

doglover2003, Jun 19, 4:03am
Add free dentist too - I do not begrudge what you posted but definitely
do to laws based on the colour of your skin.
Maori rugby team - imagine the outcry if a pakeha only rugby team was set up ? What is the difference. (lot of cake eating going on)

edbabynz, Jun 19, 4:11am
What about male silver ferns lol?

doglover2003, Jun 19, 4:21am
If you do not mind wearing a skirt you could be captain - sexism story for another day :)

janbodean, May 27, 5:25pm
We are just about choking on it. Seems there is no place for common sense nowadays.