Mazda Demo

Page 1 / 2
jessebird, Feb 15, 12:56am
any one who has one recomend, any problems?.

tgray, Feb 15, 1:22am
Which year?

jessebird, Feb 15, 1:28am
2007 - 2010 ?

jessebird, Feb 15, 1:51am
Am looking at buying car not sure what thou, had problems with my Honda Fit, no nothing about cars, just asking.

saxman99, Feb 15, 1:59am
My sis has an 06, very happy with it.

tgray, Feb 15, 1:59am
Let me guess - the Fit had transmission issues?
Demio is a great car and a good choice.

jessebird, Feb 15, 2:03am
you are right, i got the additive for that, now have starter probs, thanx for your imput.

tamarillo, Feb 15, 3:41am
Demio seems to have good reliability record, it's an old design and not packed with safety features others might have though I read the later ones got more airbags so if this worries you che k the crash rating for the year you're looking at and check car has airbags it should. Sometimes basic models had less.

ceebee2, Feb 15, 7:55am
I recall somewhere that moderate mileage ones can suffer chain stretch and give problems.

jessebird, Feb 15, 8:29am
oh gosh, thats a worry.

kazbanz, Feb 15, 8:35am
sorry bro wrong one.-that's the older model

kazbanz, Feb 15, 8:37am
The 2007-2012 mazda demio is identical to the mazda 2 to look at. They come in 1300 and 1500cc versions. They have proven to be really reliable with no known faults.

grangies, Feb 15, 9:02am
Body rust. RUST, RUST, RUST.

The engine bays on them are starting to rust all over the place right now at less than 10 years old.

Mazda didn't paint them properly and now they are rusting . As in RUSTING.

I pointed a few out to a dealer I do a lot of work for early last year, and warned them that they will come back and haunt them. They took notice and avoid them now.

They are absolute piles of rust prone shit. http://www.racinghonda.com/pictures/mazda2/rust/IMGP9488.jpg

The pic in the link is old, and they are getting more prevalent and worse.

tgray, Feb 15, 8:07pm
Ignore this and go and buy one.

petal_91, Feb 15, 8:29pm
Demios are one of the most reliable cars around. As good or better than the equivalent Toyota Yaris, but without the price premium a used Toyota typically commands. You really can't go wrong with one.

kazbanz, Feb 15, 8:45pm
Grangies.--next time you are in my area stop in and visit "a dealer I know" I would be genuinely interested if you could point out the areas that are rusting on the Demio's there. 07-2010 models.
Are you sure that picture is of an 07-2010 demio ?.--It looks to me like its a DY5 (02-07) demio sport.
I'd also be interested to know what area the cars you are referring to came from in Japan.

millerz08, Feb 15, 8:54pm
I had a 2007 sport model demio.
Just sold it last week, as we needed a tow car so purchased a 06 ford falcon.

Miss my wee green demio, cheap on gas, easy to park and loved my green colour.
Only problem I had was with the keyless entry button on the door, it packed.
Took it in to get fixed and it went ok, then packed up again.

gwimweeper, Feb 15, 11:41pm
I have a Jap import 2008 Demio.

My mechanic checked for rust at my last WOF.

He said there was none.

grangies, Feb 16, 6:52am
Hi. No idea as the where in Japan they came from.

But this link is a good example of where the rust is occurring. http://www.ozmazda.com/board/index.php/topic/12455-rust-on-2008-mazda-2/

I've seen it down on the front rails as pictured in the link too. And once they eventually blow out properly in rust there and fail WOF's for it, then the cars will be written off, due to the huge repair costs.

For me as a painter, it's simple to tell why it's has happened, due to the pitiful lack of paint around those areas.

Interesting to note, in the link above, that Mazda have acknowledged it and come up with a repair plan.

The ones that it's happening to now, that aren't sorted soon, will be fooked before we know it.

grangies, Feb 16, 6:55am
They shouldn't ignore this at all. FFS.

Why are you telling them to ignore it? It's a real occurrence.

tgray, Feb 16, 7:26am
They don't rust any more than any other car that has been left outside all it's life.

jennydownsouth, Feb 16, 7:37am
My mum has a 2004 demio and never had a problem with it.

grangies, Feb 16, 8:13am
All it's life?. Sheesh. They're less than ten years old.

Give them another five years ( which isn't too far away ) and compare them to something like a Corolla, or IST, or Golf/A3, or Yaris, or even a Nissan Note etc.

The Mazda's engines and transmissions may be fine, but what about their bodies. They are rusting already.

jessebird, Feb 16, 8:45am
It will be in a garage, gee i can,t make up my mind, suppose any car has its problems.

racetoy, Feb 17, 2:06am
We have an 03 and an 06 Demio sport 1500 with the tiptronic box Fantastic wee cars and when using the tiptronic on hills and to overtake they are an ok open road car as well