Police Fine, need some advice

Page 2 / 2
kazbanz, Mar 4, 3:33am
Darn it you are right ! I didn't type what I meant to type.
WOF/COF is of course REQUIRED to be affixed by the testing officer.
I meant to type

Show me anywhere the REGO/RUC/COL is required to be affixed to the vehicle by the person issuing them.
tell me is the girl in the postshop soposed to walk out to the vehicle?
It is the OWNERS responsibility to do so and ensure they are up to date.

3tomany, Mar 4, 4:13am
Exactly the god squad boat is not one you want to rock just for shits and giggles. your customers will get annoyed being pulled over more frequently than necessary.

gmphil, Mar 4, 6:04am
u because u should have check all was there before u drove away from turners !

kazbanz, Mar 4, 6:42am
NOPE don't agree at all.Maybe an innocent private individual might plead ignorance. As Im sure the OP's customer did And with fair reason.
When renting a vehicle from a professional rental company you expect THEM to be totally up to date with all legal requirements for every vehicle they rent.
Again -its not a requirement for Turners or VTNZ to organise or affix a rego or load cert --its the owners responsibility

supernova2, Mar 4, 6:51am
Just guessing a bit here.
New import so all the paperwork done at once maybe and COL was simply not stuck on the screen.
I agree with Kaz though - a rental business should know and check before letting a vehicle out on hire.

skiff1, Mar 4, 6:54am
Vancyrentals, there's really no one to blame but you. That said, it's not like you shot JFK, and you'd think any cop who still had a soul would let you off. In all probability, your customer called him a pig or something similar, and you are paying the price. Pay the fine, and move on.

xs1100, Mar 4, 7:19am
they really are one lot you donot argue with it really is yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir. and yr life goes on. create the slightest wave and they will tsunami yr rrrsssss just for shytes and giggles

kazbanz, Mar 4, 7:22am
Im thinking the same thing. Life gets pretty uncomfortable for a trucking /rental company wbhen the beady eye is firmly on them

pauldw, Mar 4, 8:05am
So if that happened VTNZ should be the 1st to get a slap for not picking that up. Does the system track how many of a particular label have been printed? Was the one that the OP got the 1st or 2nd?

rbd, Mar 4, 8:09am
A good lesson for anyone in business. You can delegate your maintenance, you can delegate your certification, but you cannot delegate YOUR responsibility.

As a supplier to the transport industry if an accident/injury/death happens that is caused by one of your vehicles being non-compliant with the rules then it will be your company in front of the judge as it is your responsibility to keep a legal compliant fleet.

Put simply, you can pay the business over the road to maintain your vehicles, but if something goes wrong you can't just point finger and say it was their fault. It is on your shoulders to ensure they do it right. That requires you to be knowledgeable and in control.

Sounds like in this situation your business was not knowledgeable or in control, therefore you should be thankful it was only a $200 fine.

intrade, Mar 4, 8:09pm
read my thread about whangarei police you find information how to do things. I have sent registered mail to wellington police where you have to write to. proof your innocence and let them take you to court dont start a fight and dont tell them more then you have to and be prepaired when you have to go to court.
I dont know if my fine is no waved or not but i keep the proof for the next 10 years. its a police gungster state we live in now

intrade, Mar 4, 8:17pm
if i get a infringment notice again it goes to court . i had enough of this gungster facist country will be on fair go also , and thats what you should do , if you have 100% waterproof case . my case is probably done because the cop was having a good day and disided to give me compliance notice only. but hey i am not stupid i keep my proof for the next 10 years as we know how facist police states operate .

skiff1, May 16, 11:49pm
feel free to leave. If you had any idea of the stuff perpetrated by actual fascists, you would realise what a moron you sound, given we live in one of the most free, least corrupt countries in the world. By the way, buy a bloody dictionary. Look up fascist.