Holden vn v6 trans

tonym8, Jun 16, 5:31am
car was driving fine. stopped and when moved away again it only has 1st and 2nd gear when it change's into 3rd its like it hits nuetral . any ideas what its done would be great thanks

differentthings, Jun 16, 5:57am
Is stuffed. Get it rebuilt or fit a S/H one.

tonym8, Jun 16, 7:00pm
that doesnt tell me what its done

luke041, Jun 16, 7:16pm
burned out 3/4 clutch which comes on in 3rd and 4th. Common fault and it's stuffed time for a s/h box.

inkapuka, Jun 16, 8:29pm
My old vx done something similar except it slipped real bad when going into 3rd and 4th. got it rebuilt cost around 2g and didn't drive like it used to after that. so i recommend getting a low km second hand trans cheaper and easier

tonym8, Jun 16, 9:26pm
Thanks for the reply's

neell, Jun 18, 3:32am
Take it to a Holden dealer and get them to plug in their computer. Will save a lot of guess work.

differentthings, Jun 18, 3:51am
Why. ? . Better off taking your back seat out and cleaning out all the crap that falls down there. For starters it's not computer controlled and the 3/4 clutch pack is burnt out.

mkenzi, Jun 19, 2:25am
Had a VP Holden was doing the same problem.
I agree second hand trans , can pick these up for a good price
And the car is easy to work on

doglover2003, Jun 19, 3:35am
Just trade up to a massey ferguson

elect70, Jun 19, 3:35am
possibly a solenoid or brake band , clutches give warning before the are completely stuffed . but ei ther way it has to be removed stripped & rebuilt . no change from $3000 , cant see why it costs so much the clutch disc/fibres are cheap & shouldnt take more than day to rebuild & half day to remove /reinstal rear wheel drive easy to do . The guy i worked for did them in that time BNT were just next door & stocked all the parts

differentthings, Jun 19, 5:06am

kingfisher21, May 26, 10:32am
$150 for a 2nd hand box, 4-6 hours max to change it all over. May as well put a new filter in the 2nd hand box while you're at it.