Common vehicle problems from the 40's to 80's

Page 2 / 2
skin1235, Jun 11, 9:47am
until you poured just a little too much in, revs on and raw fuel down exhaust pipe, then with a hell of a bang, exit a blardy big can, scare the shets out of everyone within 1/2 a mile, new can fitted that arvo, free of charge too

skin1235, Jun 11, 9:56am
plus, petrol bedfords, old bedfords, in cab cowl over motor type ( OL, OLB) from a drivers seat - they could cook you legs on a long run, scorch your jeans and blister your legs on a long run on a hot day, especially in hilly country when you couldn't shift the left leg too far from the clutch pedal
S models were a little better had vents in the cowling to let the hot air into the cab, all windows fully open and if lucky the windscreen too

snoopy221, Jun 11, 10:18am
Either ya showin ya age or dementia is kikin inLOL
(Now where the put did i f dat) LOL

skin1235, Jun 11, 10:33am
no dementia is when you cop a goose through the windscreen at 80 clicks, just on dusk heading into the sun at Lake Alice, Dunnings Lake,, the dementia is all on the gooses side, he's on the seat beside ya, and not a happy chappy, so much so he is trying to jump up and rip your face to shreds with his claws or pop your eyeballs with his beak, stupid bird, I offered my hand in apology for disrupting his flight, perhaps it was a little too tight around his neck
I could only use one hand, the other was trying to keep the truck straight
got him calmed down after a while, well he went limp and stopped trying to kill me, the sun went down and it started fekin rainin, no windscreen, no coats etc jeans and teeshirt and still have 60 km to home, I did consider plucking him and shoving it down my shirt very seriously

beetle1234, Jun 29, 3:12am
Now mate that is bloody funny,the young fulla,s wouldn,t believa ya. still pissing mysef