Stabilised main gun of Leopard 2 tank

richardmayes, Dec 20, 8:51pm
In German, but the pictures are easy enough to follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2mcO6l-0cY

panicky, Dec 20, 8:53pm
Great, now I feel like a beer

richardmayes, Dec 20, 9:21pm
Remember if you drink, then shell, you're a bl**dy idiot.

m16d, Dec 20, 10:52pm
When I saw all them tanks going backwards,I thought for a minute it was the Italians.

tony9, Dec 20, 10:58pm
They would also need a stabiliser for stomach contents.

emmerson1, Dec 21, 9:28am
2m57s - Drifting!

db.price, Dec 21, 4:22pm
Yep main battle tanks are amazing machines. The Abrahms M1A1 can travel at over 60mph on uneven ground.

It is of course shipped with a governor on the engine to limit its speed to 45mph - this is the first thing the crews remove when they get them.

poppy62, Dec 21, 6:42pm
Does the slalom better than a jeep.

intrade, Dec 21, 8:13pm
i think the kreisel is todays gyroscope. i recall making components for the leopard in my apprentice . there where never names on the plans but i always asked what things are used for and for that one i have not told you. this but this component is for the seat on the leopard the forman told me. Everything got checked by me the forman and then the end product man whom checked everything as his only job before it gets packet and shipped .
then in china they dont check nothing you get 2% extra for potential faulty goods replacment.
The chinese are smart they sell you there rubbish also dont think they ordered parts for tanks from china lol.
also you know why swiss chocolate is the best? the company i done my apprentice also made chocolate machines with the same precition as tank components.
its all about tight tollerances in the rollers. The arabs have dumped 4 machines in to the sea because they did try and send em china stile machines. Forman said the english always buy our rejects no wonder pome chocolate was so horrible. Also try some cocolate from the arab emirates its not bad! probably made by machines i had to re-make parts for sending new machines again back then. i dont think rollers wear fast they got tested with ultrasound for potential cracks all secret stuff that i was walking abouts and checking out in the huge company.

urbanrefugee54, May 11, 9:16am
enjoyed watching - want one now.