Im thinking about buying a new wrx

cagivachick1, Oct 19, 6:36am
anybody got one?

jantar, Oct 19, 6:37am
Don't think about. Just do it. Or don't.

gammelvind, Oct 19, 6:48am
A Subaru dealer if you want a new one.

kevymtnz, Oct 19, 6:55am
yip thrash it for 6months clock up 12,000kms flog it of to some sucker
ive known some to blow up at less than 50,000k

bwg11, Oct 19, 7:19am
Not always. My daughters 2005 "pig nose" which she has owned from new has now done 135k and has been totally trouble free. Had cam belt done last year and just has had clutch replaced. Has been a good car and she would happily buy a new one.

jantar, Oct 19, 7:19am
However, if you wait a bit MV are thinking about bringing back the large capacity Raptor. Probably a 1000 V twin.

desmodave, Oct 19, 7:37am
But without a Japa powering it surely .

cagivachick1, Oct 19, 7:42am
thats the best bit davey boy

desmodave, Oct 19, 7:50am
Nah that's the cheapest bit . It's just not Wog .

cagivachick1, Oct 19, 8:17am
you moved from Kumara?

tamarillo, Oct 19, 8:38am
Manual?
Instead of a gti?

cagivachick1, Oct 19, 8:45am
probably auto, dont want a euro

brapbrap8, Oct 19, 9:01am
You will have to try one for your self.
The new ones are CVT transmissions so you will either love it or hate it.

desmodave, Oct 19, 12:56pm
Karamea Jim, a bit further north .

mr_bond, Oct 19, 10:10pm
I current drive a DSG Golf and had a drive of the CVT WRX just to see if I liked it or not, potential future upgrade. Was pleasantly surprised given other CVTs I've driven. Its not a VW/Audi product but given the rest of the package really liked it.

I drove the WRX premium, the online reviews I read said this was better than the Sti in terms of package.

My only negatives from the experience was that the suspension was very stiff. Imagine it handles awesome in the twisty stuff but Auckland speed bumps required more of a slow down than my R32. That and I think you can't fit a tow bar? Something I read afterwards and noted wasn't on the option list. If I'd read before I would have asked salesman.

serf407, Oct 20, 2:49am

cagivachick1, Jan 19, 5:08pm
had a spin in a auto one, goes like shit off a stick, not wanting to fit a towbar as already have 2 utes and 2 other cars