V6 02 commadore

daniel993, Oct 6, 10:20am
What exhaust modification would be best nothing over the top just want a better exhaust note. Cheers

monaro17, Oct 6, 9:05pm
I wouldn't waste your time or money on an exhaust for that engine. It will never sound like a raunchy v6- it will end up sounding like farting in a tin can.

bjmh, Oct 7, 1:14am

oversize, Oct 7, 7:14am
more like farting in a metal rubbish bin. bit deeper note than a tin can

2sheddies, Oct 7, 9:02am
Exactly. Most V6's and some inline 6's also sound terrible with a big exhaust. For example, 4.0 Falcons have a lovely smooth, deep note with the factory setup. But put an aftermarket big bore thing on, and they fart and cackle. awful.

morrisjvan, Oct 8, 8:02am
you would spend money just to change your exhaust note ?!

gmphil, Oct 8, 9:39am
I brought an old vn 3.8 calais some years back of a mate it sounded great .he said he had scored the rear muffler of a vn gts manual his mate wreck . after i finished with the vn I moved to vs 3.8 and keep muffler . have bein asked if its an 8 .

munchnz, Oct 9, 2:39am
I put a VN 3.8 into a bedford van, just ran 2 cobies on 2inch exhaust and everyone reckoned it was a V8

michelle322, Oct 9, 6:23am
Was that a single or twin pipes system ?

munchnz, Oct 12, 9:29pm
Used the original front pipe which is two into one, then added cobies on single pipe and exited out behind the side door. Thought it might of been a bit load but it went through cert fine. The cert guy was actually amazed how much power it had to throw around and also thought it was a V8 until he saw it

inkapuka, Oct 14, 6:35pm
Remove one resonator with a Coby in the middle and keep stock rear muffler had my old one at 90db sounded nice had a nice rumble to it

inkapuka, Feb 10, 4:23pm
But I also had a mace bored out throttle body and mace manifold and plenum spacers went a bit better than stock