Hyundai Santa Fe OR Ford Territory?

Page 2 / 2
3tomany, Sep 2, 8:47am
I know santa fe owners who have had trouble and santa fe owners who have had no dramas at all, I also know territory owners who have had drama and territory owners who have had no trouble at all so it goes down to smiles per km and towing capacity in that regard I would buy territory. I like the petrol version having driven several but diesel is cheap so that option means you can drive it how you like without taking a mortgage to fill the tank lol

lusty9, Sep 2, 8:48am
wottheblardihells a water sedimenter? sheeeesh starting to sound like a chemistry session.

lusty9, Sep 2, 8:54am
looked it up, sheesh buying new means one never knows wot all those are.

horses7, Sep 2, 10:26am
Not sure what the fuss is about regarding turbo lag,under normal driving its barely noticeable and once its rolling it performs very well,i have owned SUVs for many years and the Territory is the clearly best I have driven .As for fuel consumption on a recent tip did an average of 7.6L/100 Ks with an overall average of low nines,also tow a Leisure Line 620 caravan around 2 tonnes and handles that very well

mopeds, Sep 2, 10:39am
Diesel RUC's are very expensive, I just paid $363 for 5000 kms for my audi allroad, I doubt I would be saving that much in petrol given it only gets 12.5 L/100 kms

monaro17, Sep 2, 10:39am
that's good to know, I have a 6m leisureline. What sort of economy do you get towing?

horses7, Sep 2, 10:51am
On our most recent trip which included a mix of flat running,tackling a severe head wind and dragging it over the Kaimai ranges it averaged 15.7L/100ks,unfortunately towing large caravans and great fuel economy don't go hand in hand doesn't matter what you tow them with in spite of what some people may tell you

monaro17, Sep 2, 6:57pm
I understand re fuel consumption when towing but just curious. Currently with trip from chch to tasman have quite large hills and I get 19.5-20.8L/100kms with my holden

monaro17, Sep 3, 7:10am
Not a great fan of the Colorado 7. Seems to be a little to agricultural for daily use

serf407, Sep 4, 9:22pm

gman35, Sep 5, 12:21am
Wow , have never heard of them until now.
But a "Super Luxury" SUV(according to their advert) for much much less than the equivalent size Toyota's ?
Range Rover itself will be out of business soon.

richard198, Sep 8, 10:25pm
Not a big fan of the Ford but loved driving my Santa Fe. For an SUV it handled really well with a little bit of turbo lag; got used to hitting the throttle just before the corner! Was never overtaken going up the Brynderwyns!

horses7, Sep 8, 10:35pm
Friend of mine has spent a fair bit of time in both vehicles,likes the Santa Fe but a bit put off by all the rattles it developed at a fairly early stage and ride and handling no match for the Territory.

monaro17, Sep 8, 10:54pm
What is the warranty period on a new santa fe is it only 3yr 100,000km? I see in Australia it is 5yr unlimited km. That's a bit sour

intrade, Sep 8, 11:00pm
If you drive less them 50 km on diesel in one hit you will have emmens service costs and if not serviced expensively then the huge repair bills 10 folds what your petrol costs where will follow on new diesel

monaro17, Jul 17, 1:30am
That is no issues for me as we live just out of town so travel that anyway