Best way to buy from a dealer

reggienz, Oct 24, 3:22am
Got cash and looking at a dealer car. I normally buy privately for cash and get a good deal. Can i get a better deal for cash at a dealers or is it better to put it on tick. Looking at around 5 to 9 K. PS. I do hate paying interest,lol. TIA

kazbanz, Oct 24, 3:49am
Reggienz have a look to the left side of the message board. punch in negotiate in the search bar and you will get a whole heap of advice.
Basicly "cash ISN'T king"
Do your research into the priceing of the car you are interested in to see where the best deal is

intrade, Oct 24, 4:08am
you never buy a car on tick even do that is what the dealer probably would like for maximum profits on his side.
You might as well pay cash and give the dealer a grand pocket money as that would be the same as buying it on tick . at least you know then you wasted a grand and its not in the hidden charges therms and conditions exess fees God knows what evere else hides in a contract on tick.

mainlander05, Oct 24, 11:14pm
Well dealers make a mark up on the car/interest rate/warranties/and others,so cash isn't king unless the cars been there a while.but you do get some come back.pick what works for you.

tamarillo, Jan 2, 2:05am
Sometimes, a dealer has traded in something which they want to clear as it's not their type of stock, and a car can be better, or same as private price, with added ease and the cga. Sometimes.
Sometimes private sellers are deluded and go for more than a dealer stock car too, especially in provincial towns where choice is limited. There is an older BMW here in Nelson that has been up for several months now with inflated price and crap advert.