New dble cab 4x4 navara utes for $29990?

Page 1 / 2
peacebird15, Jun 9, 8:36am
Seem to be a few all over the country on trademe selling at this, less than 1000kms. Seems crazy cheap, is it a fieldays deal or some sort of run out or demo cars or are there a heap of hidden costs involved? I will ring one of the dealers in the morning.
My 98 dx with 250k on its looking a little tired all of a sudden!

fordcrzy, Jun 9, 8:39am
runout and field days and farmers keeping their money due to low payouts. probably get the same deals on ranger and BT50

franc123, Jun 9, 9:15am
Both long running Navara models are being dumped as we speak and replaced with a heavily reworked version that replaces both models with new engines, its due out next month.

brapbrap8, Jun 9, 10:06am
+ GST, ORC!
If you work it out a Ranger or BT50 are the same price for a far superior ute.

fordcrzy, Jun 9, 10:19am
are you sure that nissan is a a 4x4? wellside? get a ranger or bt50. much better ute for similar money. nows the time to buy. i dont imagine that farmers will be buying anything at fieldays

fordcrzy, Jun 9, 10:25am
oh i just looked. its the old poverty pack DX 4x4. a used ranger is still better

peacebird15, Jun 9, 11:59am
Dont think they can list them on trademe not including GST, but might be wrong.

New Ranger double cab still looks to be about 20k more wherever I look. for 30k the rangers or BT used is going to be over 5 years old and/or over 100k on them (I have been looking ALOT).

Im after a reliable work ute that wont break the bank, why is a used ranger better?

brapbrap8, Jun 9, 12:10pm
BT50 4x4 DC wellside should be in the mid $30k drive away range on their Fieldays prices. Mazda generally take 20% off for Fieldays and Ford do around 15% off.

frytime, Jun 9, 5:53pm
Buy a hi lux. Nz's number 1 selling 4x4 ute

survivalkiwi, Jun 9, 6:28pm
Typical Hilux fan. Living in the past.

3tomany, Jun 9, 10:30pm
seriously get a firm quote from ford you might be surprised and base model is very well specd

petal_91, Jun 10, 12:32am
Those are 1997 design D22 Navaras with 0.5 Star NCAP crash ratings though. Almost as bad as Mitsi L300 Delica vans for safety.

fordcrzy, Jun 10, 2:53am
Your not comparing apples with apples. the 29k navaras are not even stx's. they are the crappy prevous technology navara . may as well try to buy a new 2005 ford courier. the bt50 and ranger are absolute bargains at the mo and will hold value better than any navara

fordcrzy, Jun 10, 2:54am
until the ranger came along

fordcrzy, Jun 10, 2:56am
We have 2 d series nissan utes 2010 models. one with just 60k on it and both have weird rod knock noises from the engines. regularly serviced

cammey, Jun 10, 5:31am
Its pretty much a new version of the ute you have. They sorted the cam chain and conrod issues years back.

They have a proper transfer box, dual batteries, all the proper stuff a 4WD should have, plus electrics grandad can fix, as they are very basic.

You can even wire in a trailer plug without a special loom.

Tough as old boots.

Good choice for the price.

No one will want a BT50 or ranger in a few years, once Mazdas legendary electrics start to kick in.

In fact everyone I know with a Ranger, is already complaining about the electrics, a tiny battery combined with lights that seem to have a mind of their own has already earned them fame.

Plus I have heard, (and I am sure I will be corrected if wrong), that the Ranger doesn't have a proper transfer box, it uses a dog clutch on the front left axle to engage 4WD, so its really just a toy.

peacebird15, Jun 10, 12:03pm
I want a work ute thats going to work hard, be reliable and not cost the earth to buy and keep. The tech on the dx's may not be great but they are well proven. Theres a forestry gang in toke that has 2 that have over 400k and 600k on them and a farmer I met had 700k on his dx single cab. I have yet to see a ranger with more than 300,000.

If you buy a dx for 30k and a ranger for 43k, your down 13k (which can be invested in something that doesnt depreciate) to start with so resale would have to be at great wall levels in the nissan (which it never is) to make a real difference.

i feel the manufactures are pushing so hard to update there models every year to attract those who want pretty yuppified gizmo poser machines, they are failing to insure longevity and keeping parts costs as high as possible while accessory options limited.

Will talk turkey to the guys at the field days!

two9s, Jun 10, 1:42pm
Longevity was removed from vehicle manufacturers' lexicon many years ago, in the endless drive for fuel economy and electronic 'bling' to catch the potential buyers eye. If its your money, and not the companies money buying the vehicle I would always wait at least a year for the bugs to come out of a new model before pulling the trigger.

shakespeare6, Jun 10, 7:02pm
Too true, my work wagon is a 08 dx Navara, and man she has a hard life, I'm a Telco engineer and all my work is on hill top sites my ute works hard bush bashing getting to some, 4wd most of its life. Body taken a few knocks but still holding well, the tray carts generators,battery banks, cable tools ,rigging gear which all take its toll banging around. The roof has taken a few knocks getting lengths of galv pipe on and off. It drags a quad bike on a trailer a lot but over all is a bloody good deal.
I would be wasting my money spending it on a bt50 or ranger the first ride in the bush would take the electric wing mirrors off. Its a worry the way utes are going when this utes done her time it will probably another poverty spec Navara that will make me money.

tamarillo, Jun 10, 7:56pm
Plus, wait for it, they'll be a Renault version of it launched soon.
That'll make Toyota tremble.

franc123, Jun 11, 12:46am
Very well said and absolutely correct.

gman35, Jun 11, 2:11am
As someone that is not in the car industry, or a farmer, can someone please tell me how/why there are these Ute deals during "Fieldays" shows only ? As I hear otherwise you may not get a cent off certain brand model's (unless at model runout) at other times of the year.
So buyers generally wait until these shows and do not purchase at other times of the year ? Doesn't sound great for the vehicle dealers to me.

3tomany, Jun 11, 2:55am
Discounts can always be had but they are used in different ways sometimes it is just that a discount or it could be anything from interest free, free accessories, free servicing, extended warranty, even overpayment of a trade in vehicle to snatch the deal. Very rare to not get something somewhere at any time but fieldays does bring the deals to the surface in a very transparent way.

frytime, Jun 11, 3:12am
Said number 1 4x4

cammey, Jun 12, 6:57am
Grandads job today.

Drive 200km to rescue Grand-daughter, who went diving, and got the key on her Holden Colorado wet.

Not I went in the water wet, just I got rained on wet.

Nissan has a metal key with no electronics. Handy in the bush.