BMW jolted my baby after going to bmw service cent

Page 1 / 8
lisaka, Jul 27, 2:17pm
Took bmw to service centre in new market. Had window repaired and said do a check over if any other problems as its been recalled for air bag problem.
When i picked it up he said we cant fix the airbag problem as we dont have the parts for it but will call you when we do.
I asked is the car safe because it will be carrying children.
He replied yes weve checked everything and only problem is a small leak in the radiator but its perfectly safe to drive as weve checked it over.
I repeated so it is safe to drive. He said yes no other issues.
Less than 2 weeks later my daughter is driving with her baby in the car and slam the suspension dropped completely and slammed the baby in her seat.
She was screaming and crying for a long time. She got one hell of a fright.
Very frightening for a mother and baby .
Emailed bmw and no reply so next day emailed every office. 1 reply.
Told me id have to pay for a tow truck to get it there and will be a cost to fix tbe problem. No how is your baby or anything.
Just wanted to dicuss the cost.

intrade, Jul 27, 2:23pm
Get everything in writing signed and stamped. from now on So you can sue the retard thugs.
a hole in the raditor is fine. thats like saying your car is on fire but dont worry its only a small fire.

intrade, Jul 27, 2:28pm
Also why would you want retards like this to mess some more abouts on your vehicle and pay them for it. You definetly want to take it to a professional place and not these retarded morons.

intrade, Jul 27, 2:31pm
i recon you should email the head office in germany about these thugs so the license is removed.

kazbanz, Jul 27, 2:43pm
what year and model is the car/

martin11, Jul 27, 2:50pm
Was it actually a BMW dealership ? Or just your local garage .
Does not sound like the service you get from a proper service agent .

henderson_guy, Jul 27, 2:54pm
I don't think you can go slinging mud at the service agent until it's been established what actually happened.

msigg, Jul 27, 5:38pm
Yes might be more to this story. They can't check everything, can't see inside for metal fractures etc, you don't know what has failed until someone looks at it. A check for $100 is a quick glance over. Baby fine, mother fine, all good.

loud_37, Jul 27, 5:54pm
So your daughter drove over a pothole?

ladatrouble, Jul 27, 6:02pm
The suspension dropped because of a leaking radiator ? Wow, I'd be seruiously concerned too.

strobo, Jul 27, 6:42pm
Quote "I asked is the car safe because it will be carrying children."
1/ Depends on the driver.
2/ Carrying children preference concerning safety ?
3/ Are the air bags decommissioned / inoperative and will any airbag deploy in event of an accident .q/ all airbags or certain airbags?
The owner should have made the decision right then and there without even asking concerning safety after being informed about the airbag issue,hole in radiator ,Safety always rests with the owner /driver .The car should be parked up until it is sorted. Some people just love shifting the burden of responsibility onto others and it's wrong.
The service centre person was probably appeasing the owner in saying "Yes" to it being safe to drive ,probably just to get the Pos out the door.
My 2 cents worth anyways.

tamarillo, Jul 27, 6:53pm
Op, what model are we talking here? I'm guessing it's the air suspension you're talking about as that could cause car to suddenly drop as you describe.
The safety airbags can't do that.
Is it a 7 series with air suspension?

franc123, Jul 27, 6:56pm
Discuss the cost? Ok let's do that, I think the cost of stress and the resultant counselling required for the long suffering dealership staff who are having to deal with numpties who they wouldn't normally have to rub shoulders with who can't follow mailed out instructions as a result of the airbag inflator recall is very high. This bollocks of groundlessly and publically blaming everyone else for their problems has to stop, until you come back here with a report about what has actually gone wrong and how its likely happened, nobody can answer your question let alone put a dollar value on it FFS.

franc123, Jul 27, 6:59pm
Local garages are not dealing with airbag inflator recalls FFS, there are very specific manufacturer instructions involved concerning their replacement and disposal.

kazbanz, Jul 27, 7:28pm
as usual--no reply to the question -year/model/miles travelled.

stevexc, Jul 27, 7:36pm
Probably drove in to the kerb while checking the cell phone and hopes that everyone will believe the suspension just fell apart.

A well secured baby shouldn't get much of a "slam" anyway unless there is a big crash.

curlcrown, Jul 28, 9:11am
There's almost always three sides to the story. What happened in the two weeks after the car was looked at. Someone else was driving the car so you don't know the answer to that for sure.

tim41, Jul 28, 9:16am
cool story,but what is actually happened to your car

db.price, Jul 28, 9:44am
Sorry OP just don't understand your linkage to the suspension from the airbags. Stuff happens to cars and while many mechanics are good they can't see the future if the failure us not obvious at the time of the inspection.

Like a few others here I suspect that something has happened to the car in the intervening weeks after the inspection.

atom.ant, Jul 28, 9:48am
It's the same old story. My cars stuffed, who can I blame.

hkjoe, Jul 28, 10:02am
Sorry, you're right.

hkjoe, Jul 28, 10:04am
As an ignorant non-BMW owner, can someone here explain to me what 'slam the suspension dropped completely' means, please? (nicely)
Thank you.

atom.ant, Jul 28, 10:10am
in the OP mind something like this I guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b41etVkxIU

hkjoe, Jul 28, 10:23am
The poor baby if that was the case.

amasser, Jul 28, 10:37am
Isn't it the responsibility of the car owner to maintain the vehicle between w.o.f. inspections? Trying to pass blame, without proof, is common but not necessarily right.
However, I would expect to see this on Fair Go, but I never watch it. Babies get bumps but not every time can be blamed on somebody else.