New 7 seater recommendations? Work vehicle.

Page 2 / 2
saxman99, Sep 13, 11:36am
BMW X5.

sifty, Sep 13, 2:24pm
Yeah probably not in the budget range I expect they're offering.

ianalice1, Sep 13, 3:49pm
WE love our Honda Odyssey.
They latest is, outa this world it what it can do.

db.price, Sep 13, 4:22pm
Well based on a fair few excellent reviews I would seriously be looking at the CX9. The 2.5l Turbo engine with a Skyactive 6 Speed auto is meant to be outstanding. They are also meant to be freakishly quiet inside, look great inside and out, have great technology as standard and drive very well too.

The Kodiaq is not bad either - though loses out to the Mazda in the looks department - the Skoda is very typically German in design - quite square etc.

tamarillo, Sep 13, 4:25pm
Cx9 won auusie wheels mag people carrying comparison. Best all rounder.

sifty, Sep 13, 4:39pm
Yeah heard good things about them, ta for the input.

electromic, Sep 13, 5:09pm
Cx9 is a fantastic vehicle. Very very quiet. Very smooth on the road. Performance is good. The limited model has one of the best factory fitted sound systems that I have ever heard.

supernova2, Sep 14, 5:25pm
So what is the budget range?
Must have been a good salary package negotiation to provide a 7 seater and allow it to be used off road.

johotech, Sep 14, 5:56pm
Lol.

That's what 7 seaters are. Otherwise they would be 5 seaters.

berg, Sep 14, 6:41pm
Colorado 7?

david_270, Sep 14, 6:55pm

sifty, Sep 14, 7:42pm
Not sure on $$$ range, just suspect anything too flashy will not pass muster. And the job will require the odd jaunt off normal roads.

sifty, Sep 14, 7:45pm
Yeah guess its the horrible term SUV we're after. Kids only small so no probs getting them in rear seats. Soccer mum territory I know.

sifty, Sep 14, 7:46pm
Interesting read, cheers.

db.price, Sep 14, 9:25pm
The is why the CX9 is such a great compromise - looks great and does not look like any other SUV (apart from the CX5!)

berg, Sep 16, 6:57am
https://www.isuzuutes.co.nz/mu-x
A little left field but the one I looked at when I brought my new double cab was very tasty

db.price, Sep 16, 10:20am
The Mu is a good vehicle but is more a genuine off road vehicle rather than a soft Roader. So it handles pretty much like a truck/ ute. If you were going off rod a bit such as living in the country then it would be a recommendation but if not one of the other soft Roader AWD 7 seater would be better.

alfa13, Sep 16, 3:59pm
Love our Kia Sorento, sante fe would be next choice

skull, Sep 16, 4:07pm
Pretty much the same aren't they? What made you choose the Sorento over the Santa Fe?

flack88, Sep 16, 4:19pm
Caught a ride in brand new Hyundai santafe diesel and it had a bit of jandal,but the seats pretty hard could hardly walk after a 145k journey!got bit of back damage,but a 65k sav should be better I thought?!

poppy62, Sep 16, 4:28pm
Our Korean neighbours drive VW Tiguan. Reckon the Hyundai and Kia are for the Korean/other peasants. Class distinction aye!

sifty, Sep 18, 9:27am
Enjoying the real world experiences, thanks for the contributions.

Just spent weekend in Qtown. Bloody 7 seater soft roaders everywhere. Sort of hard to choose when all specs/prices so similar. CX9 prob in front now as wife liked the look of them.

db.price, Sep 21, 8:57am
Certainly nothing wrong with the CX 9. Good space, good handling and looks better than most of the SUV'S out there with the exception of the Sandra Fe which also looks good. The CX 9 does have one of the best interiors for the class outside of more expensive euro brands.