Jap cars come with faults too

Page 2 / 2
thejazzpianoma, Oct 31, 5:09pm
Emissions fraud?
Nissan have been accused of that too, likewise their CVT failure rate is obscene. Sometimes throwing stones is not the best defence.

ema1, Oct 31, 5:12pm
You have thrown truck loads over time.

slarty45, Oct 31, 5:15pm

ema1, Oct 31, 5:24pm
That will be denied no doub't slarty even though it's so damn obvious. = crap.
I'll never be affected by one of those VAG crap mobiles, as I'll never ever own one.

mrfxit, Oct 31, 5:25pm
Never owned 1 & never want to ever unless it's for an engine transplant job.
Known several ppl young & older with various subys, most had those problems even with franchise servicing

franc123, Oct 31, 5:59pm
You and me both. It also made me wonder if the tester would switch from a steel hammer to a plastic one if some Italian pos darkened the doors, like a Fiat, Alfa or Lancia of the period. Wouldn't take much hammering to discover what the floor soundproofing looked like in a 3yo Alfasud or a Fiat 127. It's hilarious when the Europhiles diss Jap cars of the 70's because of poor quality and lack of rust proofing, with the possible exception of Volvo none of the British or continental stuff was really any better, nor was it meant to be! Even 60's and 70's MB's could rust badly.

kazbanz, Oct 31, 6:04pm
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-advice/q-and-a/golf-dsg-transmission-problems-41494 https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/73577/how-reliable-is-the-dsg-gearbox-
Honest as the day is long those germans.
lets see someone from VAG stand up and actually admit they made a mistake.

slarty45, Oct 31, 6:05pm
The FOStosser might regard the level of quality control that led to the biggest recall of gearbags in the history of motoring as acceptable

marmar1, Oct 31, 6:13pm
I also know people who had problems with their cars, major problems and small and that is with lots of different brands, my missus corolla also has had problems, I better tell everyone not to buy Toyota.

ema1, Oct 31, 8:02pm
Not likely kaz. they lie through the friggin teeth, just like they did 70 odd years ago and look where that got them .

ema1, Oct 31, 8:05pm
Still tries to baffle is with utter B/S and propaganda, well you'd expect that from La La land?
Credence lacking very much IMO. aw not lacking I'll amend that to no credence at all. !

ema1, Oct 31, 8:07pm
Unless it's new . previous history has a big bearing on lots of issues happening.

joanie04, Oct 31, 10:39pm
I will quote my older brother (over 36 years in the trade) to the younger brother after he got his BMW up and running again. "Euros are just a heap of shite". There was a smile on his face. The younger brother also has an Alfa floating around that has electrical problems.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 1, 12:40am
If younger Brother is down this way in the Alfa he is welcome to call in and I would be glad to take a look at it's electrical faults.

tamarillo, Nov 1, 6:30pm
War has ended you know. Most of world has moved on by now.

tamarillo, Nov 1, 6:35pm
So some workers without proper qualification have been signing off inspections? Not great but hardly scandal.
The American would simply make legal explanations to cover it up.
Poms would go on strike.
Italians would promise it'll never happen again and change nothing except their immaculate shirts.
French would pretend they don't understand because the dialect used isn't same as theirs.
Germans would shoot those responsible and pretend to care.
Aussies would love a car industry to be corrupt.
We'd just build trekkas again.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 1, 6:49pm
LMAO!
I love how the Scandinavians are auspiciously absent. which is fitting given they rarely voice an opinion on things in my experience!

gedo1, Nov 1, 6:56pm
You're clearly not of Scandinavian origin then, Jazz?

thejazzpianoma, Nov 1, 7:01pm
Hey, some poor bugger has to make up for where they are slacking off!
I am performing a public service here. for the good of humanity!

ema1, Nov 1, 7:06pm
People tend to forget tam. what does "Lest We Forget." mean . eh. Twice in the last century by the same ones is twice too many for most folks !
Arrogance tends to get in the way when those teutonic folks are concerned !
There seems to be a leaning politically to the extreme right AfD there once again, 70 years ago it was outlawed, are you forgetting that too tam?
Seems the Germans are. as the AfD have a sizable chunk of political clout again. if that doesn't stir some concern I wonder what does ?

tamarillo, Nov 1, 7:12pm
Swedish? They follow overseas owner's orders and produce fake, back dated, qualifications and then get back at whoever found this out in first place.

toenail, Nov 2, 8:59pm
Small turboed engines that europeans likes to made are the dirtiest engines. They are low on CO2 emission, but kills on NOX and PM.

On the other hand, look at how the Lexus V8 used in GS, LS and GX made in 2006 were certified to be Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV II). Being a 4.6L V8 it was cleaner than 50% of all new cars being sold. Go compare the NOX and PM emission of that engine with the european V8's.

ema1, Dec 9, 11:05am
They don't compare . simple as that. I'd have a Toyota V8 way ahead of any Euro V8 any day,,in fact every day !