Help - Problem with Mazda key card.

nicwil, Jul 10, 12:39pm
I have a 2006 Mazda Axela, and it runs on one of those credit card style key cards. Recently I've started the car and it's fine, but if I open the door to get out of the car while it's going (ie. to open the front gate), the car starts beeping at me. When I get back in the car it beeps again, and the KEY light on the dashboard is blinking. I can drive the car no problems, but the KEY light will blink the entire time. If I stop the car, turn it off, and then turn it back on, the KEY light is no longer blinking. Any ideas on what could be causing this? TIA

kazbanz, Jul 10, 2:08pm
Doesn't sound like anything wrong with the car. -1 You opened the door -car running-so it will be telling you about it--Beeping.
20 The key has been taken outside of the range of the proximity sensor so the car is telling you that your key might have been accidently left at home. The car wont turn itself off but if key is at home then starting the car if you turn it off is gonna be a big issue.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 10, 2:46pm
It's Japanese, it beeps, it's what they do.

nicwil, Jul 10, 7:06pm
It never used to beep if a car door was opened. And now it beeps even if the keycard is in the car.

topgear01, Jul 10, 8:44pm
I would firstly put a new battery in the key card.

nicwil, Jul 10, 8:59pm
Yup, that was the first thing I tried.

kazbanz, Jul 11, 10:37am
Sorry to seem a know it all. -Ill try again
A person perhaps on this forum owns a car dealership with about 10 Mazda's of similar age to your car on the yard.
that person walked out to 3x mazdas same age etc and tried what you did.
They were pretty sure that was what was soposed to happen but double checked to be sure.
The car will beep if door open engine going,it will squeal if door open lights on and the flashy key thing is a warning to tell you that your key has gone out of range of the sensor.

nicwil, Jul 11, 11:17am
Thanks - a bit random as it never used to beep but good to know that it's actually normal. But the flashy key thing on the dashboard is flashing at me even though the key card is in the car at the time. That's the most confusing bit for me. And it keeps flashing the whole time I am driving afterwards too.

kazbanz, Nov 28, 2:53pm
Nicwil-so you didn't leave the card in your pocket when you opened the gate ? your description was that you did.