Jump Starters & External Power Banks

waheke, Aug 17, 7:29pm
I've spent an hour looking at various sites that sell Jump Starters that are also External Power Banks to charge your laptop, mobiles, etc. The prices are usually related to the mAh of the device. There is a vendor on TradeMe that states they have a Jump Starter / Power Bank = ~50000 mAh and another = ~80000 mAh. This is unbelievable or it's a totally amazing bargain. What's the best way to find out what's true?

sr2, Aug 17, 7:35pm
Considering as an approximation car batteries range from 50 Ah (50,000 mAh) to 100 Ah (100,000 mAh) you be the judge.

If it sounds too good to be true.

gpg58, Aug 17, 7:49pm
ask yourself if the 80000 could contain 22+ x 3.5 amp hour 18650 cells, and does weight = 22 x 49 grams = 1.1 kg in cells alone, plus the rest of it.
If fake cells used though, weight could be correct, (as some ultrafire crap ones get filled with flour around a tiny cell).
https://youtu.be/eOshOXcSkDA?t=60

daves, Aug 17, 7:59pm
Although this is not the same, it's interesting to see inside this 100,000 mah powewrbank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6nySngGtU

tegretol, Aug 20, 8:08pm
"It can be charged for more then 500circles use and prepare contingency"

There's a small clue there. Chinese junk.

intrade, Aug 20, 8:15pm
i was thinking fake at 1.1 gigawatt as i said chinese will print anything on it if you wish. bigclive is not to bad , i have not seen anything seriously wrong of what he posted since a long long time. luise rossaman is also quite good in electronics repairs interests and bull$hit debunking.
So is thunderfoot must watch new solar roadways video he posted in my notifications.

intrade, Aug 20, 8:16pm
jerry-bs corner tested loads power banks. some went poof lol

intrade, Aug 20, 8:19pm
its basically pot luck if you know why and why dij drones and huaway products are also garbage serpentza has explenations on that.
for china market its the garbage . serpentza purchased his dji in the us- of A

daves, Aug 20, 8:47pm
Exactly. The Video title is "FAKE! 100,000mAh solar powerbank capacity test and opening"

Notice the word FAKE.

intrade, Aug 20, 8:53pm
no not the video is fake the claim on the sticker of the powerbank is what will be the fake part

daves, Aug 21, 9:16am
I did not say the video was fake!

Read again. I was quoting the title of the video on youtube.

"FAKE! 100,000mAh solar powerbank capacity test and opening"

thejazzpianoma, Oct 19, 2:41am
I am fairly pleased with my cheapie one for what it's worth. It's a "Car Rover" brand and actually had good reviews for an entry level unit. If you get one I would strongly recommend some dialectic grease on the jumper connector though as it's too tight otherwise.

My intention is to buy a capacitor type soon so I didn't bother spending a lot on a lithium one.