Takata airbag recall?

ianalice1, Sep 22, 11:58am
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/84925720/Takata-airbag-recall-Airbags-in-some-NZ-cars-won-t-work-because-they-aren-t-connected
Just been reading this and some others about the recall.
How do I know if ours is affected?
We have a Jap imported 1999 Honda Odyssey and have no idea.
Hoping someone can please advise, not that I'm panicking or nothing, yet?

kazbanz, Sep 22, 12:00pm
ianalice-you will get a letter in the mail telling you to bring your car in for a free replacement bag if you are in an affected vehicle

ianalice1, Sep 22, 12:14pm
Ok, thanks, but not yet?

slarty45, Sep 22, 12:21pm

ianalice1, Sep 22, 12:30pm
Thats VW to recall 4.86 million cars in China, I've a Honda.

vtecintegra, Sep 22, 12:55pm
Your car is old enough that it’s not on the list.

nice_lady, Sep 22, 3:19pm
We have a 2001 Honda Civic which Hubby uses as a car to drive to work. If I recall correctly it was about 3 years ago approx that we got a letter saying to bring it in for a recall to do with an airbag issue. I guess it was the same. Hubby of course took it in and the dealer did some work on it for an hour or so and all was done.

stevexc, Sep 22, 5:46pm

ianalice1, Sep 22, 6:56pm
Jolly good, what, said ODYSSEY (2003-2008)

the-lada-dude, Sep 22, 8:41pm
And the BAD news is some of the replacement bags have failed

serf407, Sep 22, 9:31pm
Depending on how far the Honda vehicle database goes back, you can take Honda vehicles to Honda dealers to get them checked to see if recalls have been carried out (the US 1999 Honda Odyssey had recalls for ignition switches etc).
https://www.honda.co.nz/recall/

sw20, Sep 23, 7:40am
My old RX-8 was affected. Contacted the local Mazda dealer who said yes your car is affected, gave them my info, no follow up. Went back to get more oil six months later, yes will call you they said. That was a year ago.

berg, Sep 23, 8:05am
Kapiti Honda were awesome. Got email from Honda NZ, rang Kapiti Honda and they had it done within the week. And that's with us being third owner of an 11 year old car!

happylad3, Sep 23, 8:35am
Working as a technician for 2 of the manufacturers on the list. We have had a slight delay with new airbags coming in from overseas. As soon as we get new stock in, we ring the customer that received their letters first. Sometimes there isn't stock of a certain inflater, so those customers unfortunately have to wait longer.

Side note. We also have has some customers that come in for servicing, and we noticed that there is an outstanding recall for inflater replacement. Mention it to them, and the say "oh yea, i got the letter about a year ago. Is there time to do it now?" and we have to say no, and we become the bad guys for not having stock/time to do it.

bryshaw, Sep 23, 3:47pm
I have had 2 Civics done on recall but not sure 2014 Jazz is affected.

audi_s_ate, Jan 10, 5:10pm
Exactly my experience too with Southey Honda, Masterton. Easy.