Good luck Aucklanders

Page 1 / 4
a.woodrow, Aug 11, 9:59pm
Hope you guys don't go back into full lockdown, I know there is a few of you on these boards. Don't want to make this political as such but think the govt has really dropped the ball to let this happen, Hopefully back to normal asap - it is hard to carry out business in level three.

tgray, Aug 11, 10:10pm
there goes my plans for wednesday.

clark20, Aug 11, 10:12pm
Maybe I can fit my new exhaust now, but one header is still at work!

cjohnw, Aug 11, 10:37pm
Feels ominously like this is just the start.
We were all too complacent.
We don’t have it, we are Covid free, .
Bullshite!

johnn, Aug 11, 10:55pm
I believe that was true, but it was let back into the country.

ronaldo8, Aug 12, 12:02am
Which you know, because you just do, because you said so.

Yeah. right.

tamarillo, Aug 12, 6:56am
Best wishes to very one, especially Aucklanders right now.

socram, Aug 12, 10:27am
Our race series awards dinner (postponed from June) was supposed to be this Saturday night. Spare a thought for the venue and the organisers who won't know until late Friday night what the situation is.

How do the catering staff - who prepare a lot of stuff the day before, manage?

Does Auckland have to go to level 2 before it can go back to level 1?

Someone at the top needs to understand communications.

tony9, Aug 12, 11:03am
Agree. Why are we not told the logic behind the decision on Friday? What will cause the situation to be escalated further, what will cause the restrictions to back off?

One would hope that there is a plan, why not share it.

intrade, Aug 12, 11:41am
Well at least they have a 1st world Hospital from immages i have seen of the new one. You should see the whangarei one.

richardmayes, Aug 12, 12:58pm
The first lockdown was announced to us as 4 weeks of level 4.

It ended up being 5 weeks of level 4, plus 3 weeks of level 3, which was indistinguishable from level 4 for many of us.

So whatever she says in the next couple of days, assume the reality will be at least twice as big / twice as long.

gazzat22, Aug 12, 12:59pm
No doubt the Hotels down there are happy to get the money and maybe some of them come from down there.

ginks, Aug 12, 1:04pm
I bet this thread will be removed by Trade Me very shortly, you are not permitted to say bad things about Labour on here.

casualobserver, Aug 12, 1:06pm
The government wasn't the one who was sick - and still went to work.
The government wasn't the other idiot in the same family who was sick - and still decided to go on a trip to Rotorua to visit tourist sites.

tweake, Aug 12, 1:12pm
well us northern folk are now cut off from the rest of the country even tho we are only in level 2.
family has had to cancel their plans as they cannot get through auckland.

richardmayes, Aug 12, 1:15pm
You're joking right?

The whole border fiasco has been an absolute comedy of errors.

People being let in untested who later turned out to have the virus.

People in quarantine being given leave to attend funerals and then never came back.

People in quarantine being given leave to attend funerals and then hugging bystanders who showed them how to read their map properly.

People walking out of quarantine hotels to get Subway and Beer.

We are an island nation surrounded by a VAST natural moat and the "experts" at the top couldn't even police that border adequately. It would be hilarious if we weren't paying for it.

gazzat22, Aug 12, 1:15pm
Maybe the hotels actually need the money and are grateful for it instead of it all going to Auckland.!

gazzat22, Aug 12, 1:18pm
The "people "you talk about are very much in the Minority compared with the thousands who obeyed the rules. !

tweake, Aug 12, 1:18pm
please remember they are infectious BEFORE they show any symptoms and the symptoms are often the same as a cold etc which most people ignore.
i do not place ANY blame on the family at all, it could have happened to anyone of us.
in fact they should be congratulated for going to the doc rather than being quiet about it like many people would.
also consider that they are not the first to be infected, there will be plenty of others who are infected, yet they where the only ones to have come forward.
please give them a bit more respect.

richardmayes, Aug 12, 1:21pm
It's a virus, I don't think it really counts for much if ALMOST everybody keeps it out.

poppy62, Aug 12, 1:24pm
My Mrs was spot on with her suspicions over a week ago, when she felt something was up. Couldn't understand why there was a Covid 19 Testing site set up in the Manurewa Ward about 10days ago and why Jac & Co were suggesting a week later that masks should be obtained asap. This piecemeal Info by the Gvmt is unhelpful to everyone. Guess the Covid spin on the elections for Jac & Co will backfire spectacularly.

casualobserver, Aug 12, 1:37pm
They deserve ZERO respect.

For how many months have we been told - if you're sick, stay home. If they'd at least done that, then the risk of further spread would have been far less. Yep - not their fault they got sick, but their actions after getting sick are disgusting.

There is absolutely no excuse for any ass-hat that thinks they can go to a workplace when they have any illness.

And what kind of thick-head manager doesn't send a staff member home when they turn up sick?

The lack of personal responsibility these days is appalling.

scuba, Aug 12, 1:38pm
I agree- they should make all those people with Co Vid 19 put it on their car registration stickers- that'll teach them to mess with the "Crusher"

gazzat22, Aug 12, 1:57pm
Well going on your post there were "Hordes" of people who didnt obey the rules .How many where there. Would you like to count up and let us know and how many tested positive and went on to infect others. ?

gazzat22, Aug 12, 2:05pm
The army and police on every floor ? How many would that take .The "practical intelligence" of National has been proven several times in the last few weeks with 2 MP,s and this other person just yesterday trying to derail a National Candidates selection in Auckland Central Electorate! Wasnt his name Bridges, no relation to the other famous one.