Good luck Aucklanders

Page 2 / 4
richardmayes, Aug 12, 2:23pm
Why? The horse has bolted now. The virus is in the community and nobody can say how it got there.

Everyone gave up their livelihood, and all the govt had to do was effectively quarantine the border. Just hopeless. Getting that right was important and those people are far too well paid to receive a gold star for just trying.

tweake, Aug 12, 2:23pm
i think you missed the point that there is probably a hundred other people with covid that have gone to work, travelled etc and not gone to a doc or been tested.
yet your bashing the guys who did actually go get tested. save the hate for all the ones who didn't get tested.

2ndly no one calls in sick over a sniffle or sneeze. yet that can be the only sign of covid and sometimes there is no symptoms at all.
this is why the border must be 100%, clearly that has not been the case.

headcat, Aug 12, 2:32pm
For Christ's sake!

apollo11, Aug 12, 2:36pm
That's an unusual way of saying 'crony capitalism' mals!

gazzat22, Aug 12, 2:36pm
In other words there were very , very few.For some weeks now we have had the opposition parties and even or beloved former PM,s(sir J and Sir B) bleating about opening the borders again.Which way do you want it?

ronaldo8, Aug 12, 2:37pm
So you are also of the opinion that we were Covid free are you?
Which you know, because you just do.

Or maybe, you just don't follow.

headcat, Aug 12, 2:38pm
And put up with the wingeing from the farmers who were missing out on their cheap labour. and allow back those non taxpaying rats who wanted a safe haven to bring their virus back to.

richardmayes, Aug 12, 2:58pm

ronaldo8, Aug 12, 3:05pm
Make up your mind, are all your opinions yanked about by your political views like a dog on a leash or aren't they?

Now you are putting credit in whats said, o no hang on, what you want to think is said. They call that wanton belief.

I.E. "no new community transmissions in 17 days" magically equals "we are Covid free" . apparently. Well done.

john1623, Aug 12, 3:11pm
Mistake no.1 last night,people who do not live in Auck. go home now. Unbelievable.

ian1990, Aug 12, 3:26pm
Country is been run by the village idiots.

The first thing they should of done is close Auckland Airport, but nah, lets spread the virus all around NZ.

poppy62, Aug 12, 3:40pm
The Southern M/Way at a standstill from Ramarama to the Check point at the Bombay Off ramp. Hearing a few sirens wailing. everyone's doing a Runner from Auckland. came back from Mangawhai before noon Traffic heading North very heavy. Cops have road block on causeway bridge at Mangawhai. South of bridge can't get in to Mangawhai, have to shop at Wellsford 20kms away.

saxman99, Aug 12, 3:41pm
Ahem.

V8. Flat-plane crankshaft. Fuel injection. Variable geometry turbocharger. Adjustable suspension. Spark plug. Twin cam. Active aero. Cruise control. Mag wheels. Towbar. Adaptive automatic transmission. Clutch. Radiator. Piston slap. Distributor. Etc.

richardmayes, Aug 12, 4:13pm
We have transmission again. So either it got back in, or it was never eliminated in the first place.

apollo11, Aug 12, 4:32pm
Capitalism is great. Crony capitalism not-so-much.

apollo11, Aug 12, 4:52pm
George Carlin said it best- "It's a big club- and you ain't in it".

poppy62, Aug 12, 5:01pm
The Labour Party supporters are a doughty lot. 106 years they have supported the Labour Party/Govts, who it is said "help the poor" and 90 % of them have achieved it and are still Poor.

poppy62, Aug 12, 5:04pm
I hear that "Our" fearless Leader is now blaming incoming Freight, as the reason for the new Outbreak of C19.

apollo11, Aug 12, 5:05pm
Just google "John Key and crony capitalism" . I'm surprised you don't remember, it was a common accusation at the end of Key's reign.
I voted for him twice, but towards the end it was obvious to me (and him- he scarpered off) that something was rotten under the covers.

tweake, Aug 12, 5:21pm
i'm on the other side. busy traffic heading north this morning.
lads sent a pic of south bound traffic backed to topuni.

apollo11, Aug 12, 5:22pm
Quite frankly I don't like either crowd. I'd be happiest with a minimalist government, assuming that the average citizen could be relied upon to treat themselves and their fellow humans with respect- but that's a pipe dream. I might vote Winston Peters this time, purely because he is most likely to annoy the largest number of his fellow pollies.

drog, Aug 12, 5:32pm
This is the *motoring* thread. It seems to have degenerated into a political Kangaroo court.

apollo11, Aug 12, 5:34pm
Aye.

apollo11, Aug 12, 5:35pm
Keep googling.

apollo11, Aug 12, 5:45pm
Well the National party did drag it's heels on sorting the house building crisis. And when John Key was asked he said “I don’t think that New Zealanders who own their own homes would thank us if we took action which would devalue their most valuable asset….”.
When I referred to crony capitalism I didn't say it is exclusively a Nat party issue. It is an overall malaise in the west as you are probably aware.
This is the wrong thread to debate this and the denizens are getting agitated. Cheers.