Alternator Battery charge

intrade, Oct 23, 1:05am
Why you don't want to jumper a car on a dead battery. It will full field the alternator and if your diodes are nuked then good luck to all your computers in your car. Watch why and how here.
https://youtu.be/ShtGB07fCSs

msigg, Oct 23, 7:16am
I think to jumper another car is OK for a short time, its always done, never had a problem, this case on video is extreem, won't happen from a short jump, your more likely to get a voltage spike to nuke the computer rather than high current nuke. Each to their own.Go forth.

bigfatmat1, Oct 23, 12:33pm
Have a forester that had a flat batt didn't even get Jumpstart and the low voltage caused the key registration to drop out of the coalation ecm. 2k to fix. Low voltage can kill eproms

franc123, Oct 23, 12:44pm
Ya seen a similar thing happen on a VE SS Holden that was being worked on and ended up with a completely discharged battery, as in 3 volts left in the thing. Basically all the modules had to be reconfigured and relinked and the keys reprogrammed. Took hours.

intrade, Oct 23, 3:18pm
The information videos are always showing the most extreems. and that video is ultra good people with no1 clue should also understand after that it is a bad idea in every way . He showed lithium battery that guy has also other top quality videos on refrigerator and othe RV alternative power well worth to sub on his channel.

alowishes, Nov 2, 9:48pm
I’m always jumpy if I have to jump start anything that is not fitted with a generator .