Road speed

Page 3 / 3
toenail, Jun 5, 5:28pm
332km/h is no issue in a station wagon in a straight road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9qXmtZUcOs

jesus2000, Jun 5, 5:38pm
It's all relative. Go for a ride on these commuter trains and even 332 km/h seem slow afterwards.

https://youtu.be/UMoFu4fT5hY?t=19 https://youtu.be/WlXY6GIEYl4?t=34

m16d, Jun 5, 9:52pm
I've only got a diesel turbo ute that seems to top out at 150, but all the grandkids on the back at that speed just love it.

kevlight, Jun 6, 6:13am
How old do you have to be to say "back in the day"? jeepers must be late 70s
Kaiapoi to CHCH Kawasaki Z1B 900 used to lay down on the tank and put my feet on the passenger foot rests 130 mph was about as fast as it would go on the speedo,Was King of the Road for quite a while ,until a local Hair Dresser in his new Bright Yellow Corvette Sting-Ray went cruising past ,while i was flat chat !

alowishes, Jun 6, 7:19am
That last line? I wonder if the brainless idiots caught on camera overtaking where they shouldn’t and almost having (and at times having) a head on crash also thought like that?

esprit, Jun 6, 12:10pm
Nope, Rover K series

kazbanz, Jun 6, 1:09pm
none of your business.

desmodave, Jun 6, 2:02pm
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel or the bars . None of my wheels have heads up display , use old school arsecromitter .

trogedon, Jun 6, 7:41pm
I did 190 years ago on the Hauraki Plains passing a line of cars on my motorbike. There was a Porsche on my tail that overtook me as I pulled in front of the line of traffic. I did 128 once on Friday going to Hamilton and back on my bike but mostly sat on 100 - 115. I've finally got the VINing work done.

framtech, Jun 6, 10:33pm
Those high speeds are just plain dangerous these days with the 50% increase of cars on the road and back in the 70's the road toll was over 700 with half the population, so the mix of high speed and booze was a bit of a problem, I came off my kawa in the 70's twice at high speed and very blessed to be still here. (its was a shitting frame, shitty brakes and powerful engine)
Today the rub is acceleration eg 0-100 sub 5 seconds, off roading and doing real competition eg a race / rallycar , carting, motorcross etc.
The last thing this country needs is some weekend warrior in the family suv playing F1 driver with a car full of wife and kids with the titanic in tow and a roof full of shove cycles. (and they do).

desmodave, Jun 7, 8:38am
Wof and MR2A form ready to register then is it . Any work need doing ? .Are you going use it yourself . When the vtnz guy handed me the mr2a form , he says . So this bike was effectively written off for a broken foot peg . Rides nice , still pulling passed 220 but its just not me , to quiet and well behaved . I wouldn't want to rely on any dealership for help or parts either .

trogedon, Jun 7, 10:24am
It's a bit of a long story now - I trailered the bike to the VIN guy in Hamilton and he checked it over and charged me. He said it was fine apart from the new foot brake lever my bike mechanic had changed had to be signed off and the bars I'd changed for new ones were fine but they had to be one of three approved brands (I bought Renthals) and changed by a certified repairer. I dragged it home. No certified repairers in Auckland apart from Experience Motorcycles booked up to July which would be after my two months quarantine period. I had my new bars sent to VIN guy, booked it in with him for a fine day, rode down, had him change the bars and sign off the foot brake lever and rode home. I've now got to book it in for the VTNZ cert check which I've already had done / paid for (so now paying twice! ) and get the MR2. I'm annoyed when I went to them in December they didn't tell me I should've got the VIN test / replaced parts first ;-( Anyway, the bike is well worth it and good to ride etc.

trogedon, Jun 7, 10:26am
desmodave - good to read your one is sorted out fine. I'll do another now that
I know the process etc.

apollo11, Jun 7, 10:36am
The most fun I had on on bikes were when I had a Mito 125 and an RG50, where you could enjoy caning them and not do insane speed. I've got a Suzuki TLR now, it is really only happy when it is sitting at 180+, not that I travel at those speeds any more.

tgray, Jul 30, 3:43am