EV Battery Dies After 3.25 Years

Page 2 / 3
s_nz, Jan 29, 5:36pm
No way a 3.25 year old 22 / 41 / 52kWh battery is ending up in landfill. Even if it has a fault, it will still sell for thousands on this website.

dutchess46, Jan 29, 6:19pm
Been away all day. Will catch up with maybe more info soon. cheers

poppy62, Jan 29, 6:28pm
Renault NZ says 5 year warranty on (Zoe) Battery. As Below! But as always there is Sensationalism perpetuated by the ignorant.

https://www.renault.co.nz/electric-cars/zoe-ev

gph1961, Jan 29, 6:55pm
FOFM

serf407, Jan 29, 9:45pm
Frontiers of Flight Museum (Texas)?

Go through the oonline faults listed for Zoes.

e.g faulty charge controller - no charge - no range.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/113691/problems-with-faulty-renault-zoe---what-should-i-do-

intrade, Jan 29, 11:24pm

gph1961, Jan 30, 6:20am
Freind
Of a
Family

curlcrown, Jan 30, 7:48am
A case of Chinese whispers? (Am I allowed to say that)?

gph1961, Jan 30, 8:22am
that is verboten (dont mention the war)

toenail, Jan 30, 3:00pm
friend of a friend of a friend also had battery fail, and said friend of a friend of a friend said it costed $60,000 to replace.

bumfacingdown, Jan 30, 4:48pm
No mention of ks travelled, maybe its at 200,00kms

dutchess46, Jan 30, 7:35pm
Hi. Can update with a little more info at this stage.
Its a Zoe with 17,000 kms only. Just used as the wifes runabout.
Died suddenly whilst driving and quote to fix was $17,000.
I dont know what was diagnosed
Was registered as a company car so had implications with warranty and cga.
Owner is capable so its just the beginning of the saga.
Thats all at this stage. Sorry cant give you more info yet.
Cheers

gph1961, Jan 31, 7:27am
heart attack?

gblack, Jan 31, 8:17am
So $17k rather than $30k, Zoe as expected and if anything battery related the five year NZ Renault warranty will cover it regardless of CGA obligations.

3tomany, Jan 31, 9:58am
I can remember when WRX owners use to say the same thing.

sw20, Jan 31, 10:10am
Some dude in a Model S decided he needed to do that last night next to me on Lincoln Road lights. Yes my little 4AGE was a real threat. Only thing it proved was how small his wang was.

apollo11, Jan 31, 12:13pm
So reminding me of my school days. "My dad's Lancia can do the Ton'. "Na bullshit, a Lancer can't ferkin do the Ton". "Not Lancer, Lancia"! etc etc. You had to prove your manliness by your Dad's car when you were 13 lol.

martin11, Jan 31, 12:51pm
I got a 850cc mini up to 100mph down Hackthorne Rd many years ago .

apollo11, Jan 31, 1:25pm
A mate got an old VW beetle up to 100mph going down Ngauranga gorge + tailwind. Bloody terrifying, thought the doors were going to pop open, the chassis was flexing so much.

cassina1, Jan 31, 2:06pm
On thing they never say is that if the battery is frequently fast charged its life will be shortened. I can see a lot of people who are looking forward to buying a long range EV coming to grief with battery life as these long range vehicles must be fast charged to be able to get the full range out of them without have to leave them on trickle charge at home for 2 or more days.

wingpoint, Jan 31, 4:44pm
Just a thought, perhaps there was a 'mis heard' word. Thirteen thousand sounds a lot like Thirty thousand, over the phone. !

curlcrown, Jan 31, 4:50pm
You have just pointed out a major problem with the CGA. There is no clear answer to that question. It is what a reasonable person would reasonably expect.

curlcrown, Jan 31, 4:55pm
Hmmm, that has made things less clear.

nice_lady, Jan 31, 5:27pm
Quite. And 3 & 1/2 years is less than any reasonable person could reasonably expect.

marte, Jan 31, 5:35pm
160,000 kms is what VAG considers the life of a car. One cambelt change.

That's not unrealistic, if you give it better maintenance than expected in this time, and keep it up, easy to double it +.

So yeah, was this EV doing 1000kms a week?