EV Battery Dies After 3.25 Years

Page 3 / 3
dutchess46, Jan 31, 6:04pm
Thanks for the snide comments from some posters.
Hope it makes you feel superior.
I not normally inclined to spout unsubstantiated rumours.
It is definitely 17,000 kms.
I have not been able to talk directly yet but I suspect that it may be a grey import. : Renaults terminology". I see Renaults website states they give no warranty at all on parallel imports regardless of age and use of the cars.
Again I am only guessing.
Regardless an EV of this age and milage dying with the high quote to repair is pathetic.

tygertung, Jan 31, 6:04pm
I would consider a 3.25 year old car to still be "brand new"

curlcrown, Jan 31, 6:32pm
The information you have given since the start of the post changes things drasticly from what it first seemed. It first appered as if they had bought a new Renault from a Reanault dealer, at least it did to me, and that the battery had failed and would cost $30000. In a later post you said that you were not sure what the fault was and the quote was $17000. Now it seems they did not buy it new from a Renault dealer it it may be a used import. Did they see the dealer they bought it from? Being used as a company car if bought second hand could mean the CGA does not apply. I am not trying to be rude just trying to get the full story because without propper information no meaningfull advice can be given.

dutchess46, Sep 20, 11:08am
I agree curlcrown.
I can only give you what I managed to learn so far. I know its thin on facts and may take some time to evolve. I will come back when I have more solid info. cheers