Question for dealers

intrade, Feb 11, 9:36am
Right i got a other mb140. The guy has loads of listings . i said He needed to be registered as dealer if he sold more then 7 he said he was.
Now thats not the question . The question is He said dealers get there cars automatically on hold .
it expired august 2020 . i put it on hold and it let me do it said it was on hold now 12 month before i purchased it.
it also let me buy road user charges but i did not proceed and changed owner instead.
i wonder if i now cant buy Ruc as you need a wof to buy ruc.
is there some special deal for dealers going on?

kazbanz, Feb 11, 10:52am
Once a vehicle is in the dealer network the rego goes on hold for up to 2 years. Yes its an automatic thing.

intrade, Feb 11, 11:17am
ok . everything he said was geniuen but just looked dodgy.
he did try to tell me i could just drive it since i just purchased it . i said no i cant i will be done by police if i do everyone else maybe getting away but i aint gona do another compliance crap to wellington. So he towed over the kaimais and droped it in town matamata and i got it with a hired trailer could only do 60kph as the whole trailer started doing what the boat in the australian clip did once i got to 70. and its definet Bs speeding up makes it worse way worse so i driven 60 to 65 and slowed to apply the brakes on trailer as soon as i noticed it doing S on the back.
Also good to know a mb140 can tow 3 to 3.5 tons while used numer 2 gear at 40kph up steep hills non turbo on them 2.9 Diesel. Doubt a jappa with nill electronics would do that. When i remember what thet 4.2 safari did with a trailer on it lol.

stevo2, Feb 11, 5:54pm
No sweat to an old school Hiace.
When I moved from the Naki to Tauranga15 years ago, I had an old school Hiace 2800cc (3L motor) 5 speed. The van was fully loaded as was the roof racks. My tandem had about 2.5 tonne on it so all up I weighed between 6 and 7 tonne. Coming up the Kaimais was second gear 4000rpm all the way. I tried for third a couple of times but it wouldnt do it in third. Temp gauge never moved.

sr2, Feb 11, 6:05pm
LOL, 20 odd years ago I used to tow our Sierra Cosworth race car with a similar 3L powered Hiace. We'd be loaded up with tools and spares (with a turbo Cosworth it was obligatory to carry a spare motor) making uphill motorway onramps rather "interesting" to say the least!

intrade, Sep 15, 4:06pm
you got any idea how heavy a long wheel base mb 140 is my 2 post hoist cant lift it , no trouble with hiace and hilux to lift with my hoist.