The power level in the Ford Focus is impressive.

mimik3, Jul 12, 12:19pm
What a load of crap. I'm still buying new parts from the local dealer for the AU XR8 I'm restoring.

framtech, Jul 12, 1:58pm
try buying parts for a non turbo transit

tamarillo, Jul 17, 10:42pm
Why? Who asked? Wish you’d keep this bollocks locked in your head.

blinddriver, Jul 18, 3:55am
Seems to me that it all used to be about the joy of tuning, repairing and rebuilding your own motor. That you could tell just by listening to your motor where exactly a problem might be developing-weather your a Ford-Chev-Mopar . or whatever fan and fix it just like that.
Now . I have to take it to someone better qualified to understand electronics to tune the damned thing. No time to play with it myself (still young enough to work so have to do that instead pffttt !). Besides. when the price of fuel started going skywards in the 80's, I chucked my hobby (rebuilding my own v8's) and went to japas (lol). Upside of that was my mates did the same thing so we could huddle and shoot the breeze about the old days then pick the crap out of each other over our favoured cars when we get bored with the easy yarn lol !.

saxman99, Jul 10, 11:25pm

johnn, Jul 11, 9:07am
The mighty Ford Powershift transmission is/was a wonderful thing.

poppy62, Jul 11, 9:39am
Mals69. is going to forget about the 'stang and big blocks when he reads this. I don't know how it will affect his meat package having to squeeze it into a compact hatch.

gusthe1, Jul 11, 10:34am
you are getting a bit boring

msigg, Jul 11, 11:08am
Ha Ha good one gusthe1.

poppy62, Jul 11, 11:53am
I agree 100%. It's a resulting condition of being immersed on here with other bores.

apollo11, Jul 11, 3:28pm
After listening to your many tales of powershift woe John, I was a bit dismayed when my wife decided she wanted a Ford Focus. I managed to steer her to a 2016 six speed manual - but it's a 1.5l turbo. I'm not too keen on small forced induction engines, but it's what she wanted. I'll just have to make sure it gets it's regular oil changes on or ahead of time. At least my wife isn't too lead footed, so she won't thrash it.

mimik3, Jul 11, 7:57pm
The 1.5 Ecoboost Focus has a different Auto transmission and is not subject to the problems of the previous 1.6 and 2.0 Powershit Transmissions.

framtech, Jul 11, 9:35pm
Its a ford, expensive, poor parts supply after a couple years leading to no parts after a while, Ford sell on marketing and loyalty but eaten alive by real cars in the same class. Do a ton cost per klm test and they are not cost effective. they break down a lot and parts and service are expensive.
eg Toyota corolla make a better car.

gusthe1, Dec 22, 5:40am
I assume you have never don't a cost per km test and therefore don't know if Fords are not cost effective. I reckon you haven't done one on a Corolla either.
If you thought about it you would realise a true objective cost per km test would be high impossible to do.