Toyota Service Plan

Page 2 / 2
midaso, Apr 22, 5:20pm
Ok, so we were both wrong. To be fair, quote of around $300.00 was given by apprentice mechanic and I think he overlooked a couple of tings. So final cost $448.00 which included spark plugs at $30.00 each (saw one of the old ones. definitely needed replacing!) Work was carried out by manager. he had my list in front of him and he assured me he had done everything on the list. (incl replacIng all fluids) The only thing he didn't do was replace cabin air filter after inspection. But he said that could wait til next service. Btw hourly rate $90.00 which I felt was reasonable. I don't know what Toyota charge but I know Honda charged over $85.00per hour over 3 years ago. I had a good chat with the manager and I felt he was honest and transparent (i used to apprehend shoplifters in a past life so I think I can read people quite well) So its been an interesting exercise and a the end of the day I am happy I got what I paid for and don't regret taking my business away from the dealer. Again, ty everyone.

muppet_slayer, Aug 19, 4:00am
considering a 'B' service is replacing oil and filter and checking everything else costs around $260 and also admit.

. $300 for a major service doesn't sound right,