Honda, alternator csc29 Question.

mr_lovebug, May 20, 10:00pm
I have a alternator csc29 from my car, it was the factory one, until Wednesday just past, it stopped charging and was humming a new sound, it did the same thing around July 2019 and got rebuilt.

On Tuesday, it blow again and made the same sound, so I got swapped out for a reconditioned one.

Which costed me a packet,

my Question. The alternator csc29 is a 100 amp alternator. Can it be repaired and upgraded to 120 or 150 amps?
Also it's got a 47mm pulley, can that be made say 49mm?

I do enjoy driving and have alot of electrical items turned on, things like a pumping sounds and heated seats and light and wipers.

The reason I think a slightly bigger pulley is, I enjoy my Honda and hitting 5 tp 7k rev limits on the country roads and think that might be a part of why it's blown twice? Can high engine revs cause a alternator problem?

Thank for your thoughts, please note that I am no boy racer, just like to drop into manual mode for twisting corners and the car is happy to run upto 100kms (plus) in 2nd gear and that is still under the red line.

redhead18, May 20, 10:37pm
Okies in simple engrish=NO
HIGH RPM and alternators wuff each other.
Generatos NO Zey Hate RPM's

Reality is keep the same pulley diameter and put the same alternator on a V8=AND 200++amps 20,000 rpm turbo sound alternator and No Worries.
LOL
Edits to add ole Unlce Hoogle(GOOGLE) leads me to belive they are an IC Regulated machine sensed denso=basiacly TOYOTA.

Suspect you have a wiring problem. and would rather RECIFY THAT IMMEDIATLY---AND I M O split a diode pack and run same alt bat sensed.

msigg, May 21, 7:12am
No for less revs you need smaller pully on the alternator, you should be able to replace the diode yourself if you have a bit of a clue. Just buy another one and then you have a spare you can play with. get a bigger capacity battery.

differentthings, May 21, 7:38am
No he needs a larger pulley for less revs on the alternator. Not that I think it will help his problem though. My race car sits on about 4.5 to 7500 RPM for about 3 minutes and the only problem I had was to change the power steering pulley for a larger one as the oil was getting air rated.

franc123, May 21, 7:44am
Forget the pulley size, its simply not relevant. I think the only mistake made here was attempting to rebuild the original alternator, I would have just dumped it and replaced it with a catalogued aftemarket part from a reputable manufacturer.

mr_lovebug, May 21, 8:24am
It did replaced the other day, no idea, just left it to the mechanic to sort it as I was out of town, no tools and on deadline to get home again, was okay for 1 night away only.

intrade, May 21, 10:52am
I was thinking 2 things
1. either it is rebuilt poorly
2. its circuit to actuate the charge rate wiring to the unit or earth on engine is somehow harming the alternator and causes it to fail.
You would need to post exactly what car year and how advanced electronics it has.

msigg, May 21, 12:27pm
Different things, yes true that bigger for slower, my bad. Maybe don't crank up the belt too tight as they are only small bearings in the alt.

mr_lovebug, May 21, 4:10pm
It's a Honda accord euro cl9 nz new 2004. With the k24a engine., 140 kw.

The only thing I can think is both times I was playing with higher rev range in twisting corners hence could that cause a fail?

Yes, I can recall what road I drove and I was driving 2 yrs ago.
I can even say who I had in the car at the same time.

differentthings, Aug 5, 7:42am
Those alternator's are crap. My son's one lasted about 12 months (new Chinese). It was replaced before he brought the car but had the receipt. The guy wouldn't replace it so I brought another one and when I fitted it I wasn't happy on how tight the belt was (auto tensioner) so I got a slightly longer belt.