Best vehicle relocation option CHC to AKL

_peas, Nov 30, 7:13am
What is the best option for relocating a small trailer boat CHC to AKL? Few companies online and looking for a recommendation.

saxman99, Nov 30, 7:17am
Road trip!

sw20, Nov 30, 7:41am
Best as in most care, most direct and timeliness. You.

cjohnw, Nov 30, 8:20am
I have used PTSL about four times now North to South Island and never had one problem.
Good door to door service, reasonable price.
Can also get an online quote.

http://www.ptsl.co.nz/

intrade, Nov 30, 8:28am
best is you fly down and drive it back. i got my passat from dunedin a few years ago. ps you need a face mask on public transport

kazbanz, Nov 30, 8:53am
THAT I would really like to see. Up the coast with the trailer attached I can almost see. But crossing cook straight might be a mission. (its a boat on a trailer)

kazbanz, Nov 30, 8:55am
Being serious mate I haven't got a clue. BUT boat shops deal with this on a regular basis so someone like Rogers boat shop would be worth a yell

nice_lady, Nov 30, 8:56am
Who needs a tow vehicle:

https://boatingnz.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/boatingnz-smuggler-orion-hero.jpg

Just attach a number plate and off you go !

gusthe1, Nov 30, 9:30am
boats on trailers don't fit well on car haulers but try by all means. Getting someone trustworthy to tow it may be your best choice

cjohnw, Nov 30, 9:48am
Oh really?
Seems odd that they transported my 20ft Rayglass from Auckland to Blenhein in a week without a hitch.
But what do I know huh.

gusthe1, Nov 30, 9:50am
and as I said, try by all means.
I took one to Wanaka about a month ago on a flatbed. Not a job I'd be quick to accept again.
Chill

supernova2, Nov 30, 7:29pm
Shades in Taupo do that stuff all the time

evotime, Dec 2, 9:18pm
For a ball park-I have an old quote from shades $1865+ gst whangarei to Rangiora, that was August 2017. (5.25m boat) I ended up towing it myself, and back a couple of years later.
It was actually kerikeri to Dunedin and it’s not a bad drive.

$330 recently Interislander-Picton to Wellington with a Prado and same 5.25 boat (plus drawbar and outboard obviously)

tuttyclan, Oct 14, 5:09pm
How big is the boat and trailer?