Toyota Aqua 2015 traction control

Page 2 / 2
franc123, Jan 13, 1:46pm
The ESC is being triggered too easily, possibly due to a faulty sensor or it not being calibrated correctly. It needs to be going to a Toyota agent.

franc123, Jan 13, 1:55pm
You are dealing with untrained idiots who are not used to dealing with these issues. VERY common these days

kazbanz, Jan 13, 2:24pm
THIS --a million times THIS ^^^^^^
Sorry I don't normally shout but in this case its clear you are dealing with grease monkeys not trained automotive techs.
I'll put my hand up and admit to having been sorta in this dealers shoes.
A Toyota of similar vintage I accidently flattened the battery of a fresh import whilst the steering was turned one full turn. It sat like that for a few weeks during lockdown. It then pulled like crazy to the left. After spending a fair bit of time/effort checking for straight. wheel alignments etc I sent it to Toyota. 10 minutes later the steering was fixed. It thought one full turn was actually centered.

franc123, Jan 13, 3:38pm
Have you had much to do with electric steer cars yet? I can assure you that adds yet another dimension to diagnosing chassis and running gear issues.

bigfatmat1, Jan 13, 4:33pm
I disagree there are plenty of places that are not dealerships with knowledge and ability to diagnose. However in this case sounds like op found one that doesn't know.

franc123, Jan 13, 5:03pm
Theres also plenty of places staffed by monkeys with aftermarket scan tools that pretend their gear has the capability to do these tasks when they actually don't. It's the only way to be sure.

aph4u1, Jan 13, 5:43pm
Saw dealer today and spoke to his mechanic. Tyres all ok, No codes, so its off to local Toyota dealer. Thanks everyone so far. Wifes old car Honda civic all wheel drive had electric steering. I replaced battery and after that all ways pulled to left from start up. Honda agent and $186.00 later all ok again.

aph4u1, Jan 13, 5:48pm
Wife drives a little slower than me. She tries to keep the dash display on economy. While I drive to get from A to B.

gblack, Jan 14, 10:36am
Would agree that it is probably ESC if you are seeing the traction control symbol.

Wonder if you and your wife need to take it for a long run somewhere with a nice flat stretch of road and record dash using something like GoPro or your phone.

Having a recording of the traction control symbol lighting up on a flat straight bit of road would be good evidence that there is something wrong.
Quick google shows a number of reasons for the TCS light to come on, so would be good to isolate if it is steering or wheel sensor etc.

aph4u1, Jan 30, 8:03pm
Update. Got car back from dealer Monday. Showed us receipt from Toyota dealer, could find no problems but had done recalibration. Wife drove to Taupo and back Thursday with no problems. I rang service manger @Toyota dealer. He said keep an eye on the front wheel tyre pressures as the technician said he inflated all tyres to 44 and thought the front left was a little low but had not noted this as he starts with a clean slate. So I think it should all be good. Will keep an eye on the tyre pressures. Thanks to you all for your inputs.

franc123, Jan 30, 8:08pm
Excellent, thanks for the feedback.

skull, Jan 30, 8:31pm
Yes special thanks from all of us for the update with the result. Too many troubled souls never come back and give the final report.

sw20, Jan 30, 10:26pm
Thanks for update. You are one in a million.

mrcat1, Jan 31, 2:23pm
Why would anyone want a 200 series toy?

sw20, Jan 31, 3:36pm
Please entertain us with how epic your American truck is.

mrcat1, Sep 19, 2:05pm
No need to, you already know its epic.