VTEC power increase! ideas :D

Page 2 / 16
ninja_man, Oct 13, 10:28pm
how is buying that exhaust wasting money! when it clearly gives you a power increase over a stock system.

the-lada-dude, Oct 13, 10:28pm
and visa versa DAVE 653,the exhaust valve opens with about70 psi behind it , the poor old intake valve has 14.7 psi on top of it if your lucky by the time you take heat and other pressure drops into the equation. if you cant get the good stuff in you wont get the power out. he already has a sort of tuned exhaust , i did say to check for obstructions in the ex/ system, so in this case my first message still stands.

bellky, Oct 13, 10:30pm
nzpc recommend japanese off the shelf performance stuff

wrong2, Oct 13, 10:30pm
something superior can be made for a fifth (or less)of the price

buying an exhaust based on a brand label rather than your engines exact tune is for the gullible

bellky, Oct 13, 10:33pm
me's finks yous nos nuffink

ninja_man, Oct 13, 10:33pm
sure if you have the right knowledge and tools to make you own custom exhaust then great, but 99% of people wouldn't have a clue. easier and less time to buy one off the shelf and you still gain good power.

richardmayes, Oct 13, 11:01pm
Why don't you ask people who've actually done it!

http://nzhondas.com/na-tuning/ http://nzhondas.com/forced-induction/

wrong2, Oct 14, 1:17am
if you dont believe me then have a try yourself

its remarkably easy

wrong2, Oct 14, 1:19am
but thats not true

& what we are talking about is replacing whats stock

stock systems are so incredibly bad that you would think decent power gains could be gotten from off the shelf systems - ive yet to see it

ninja_man, Oct 14, 1:23am
whatever you want to believe, many people have dynoed their car stock, and then again with an aftermarket full exhuast and seen good gains. Are you saying an aftermarket pipe is not worth the money!

wrong2, Oct 14, 1:30am
ha! you type that out after rubbishing me with a "whatever you want to believe" comment

id love to live on your planet, the one where performance exhausts are not overpriced rubbish

bellky, Oct 14, 1:40am
i really doubt this man. i can see hours of experimenting and dyno testing to get a good performance exhaust for a particular car. that can cost thousands, my rota zorst was 1400 just from the extractors back. why go to all this trouble when the boys in japan have already proven designs, available off the shelf

wrong2, Oct 14, 1:44am
well dont try yourself then

just keep doubting

& paying

lol

candy1213, Oct 14, 3:13am
tow it behind a holden it will go fast!

jason18, Oct 14, 3:19am
Thats until the holden breaks down. And then requires towing too.

bellky, Oct 14, 3:20am
. then you'll need a ford

bellky, Oct 14, 4:02am
lolz

ninja_man, Oct 14, 4:08am

s.patete, Oct 14, 4:48am

ninja_man, Oct 14, 4:52am

vtecnet, Oct 14, 4:53am
Best value for money mod is a turbo conversion, you could make 300hp at the wheels with stock internals and low boost levels.
My crap CRX is turbo'd and does 0-160 in 12 seconds flat and its not even vtec, so imagine what you could do.

friendly_prawn, Oct 14, 9:45am
13B it. yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa! lol

lazz323, Oct 15, 12:35am
any idea's for what brands have good gains!

moosie_21, Oct 15, 1:42am
Unless there is someone here who has done the same, I think your best bet is to go talk to a mechanic who will do all the mods you want and recommend the brands they would put on them and HOW they will go about doing this. It's just like buying a $50 pair of Asics or a $500 pair of Nikes for running rather than doing it in skate shoes, the gains are going to be minimal/neglible between brands, but they will be better than stock of course. Do you really want to pay more for a brand name than to see it done properly!

thegravelracer, Oct 15, 3:13am
turbo kit build it your self can be done and going very quick [200kw ATWish] for around three grand if you do majority of work your self and dodge the link with the crome eprom substitute