The Police and me.

Page 2 / 2
gunhand, Dec 3, 8:34pm
I think you will find if there off duty they will be able to uphold the law if a serious enough event is happening.Because what your saying is if an off duty cop witness a crime, say a girl being raped ina dark ally he cant do anything about it because he is off duty. Except ring the police of course. One would hope this is not correct. I know in one of my feilds I am deemed to be on duty as soon as I see something happening and would be held accountable if I didnt help
And I know Police officers who have sent infringment notices through the mail when they have been off duty and seen a serious/dangerous traffic offence when off duty.

mrfxit, Dec 3, 8:40pm
Police & military are NEVER fully off duty.
Off duty to them is simply a case of "time off & not available for normally assigned day to day dutys

mk3zephyr, Dec 3, 9:05pm
When i was involved with Inter Services rugby it was always the Feds who ended up with broken arms and legs mostly at the hands of Navy and Army lol. Those games were often bloody brutal and would put any club game or International to shame

sr2, Dec 3, 11:16pm
Been in a bit of trouble with the police in the past have we!

owene, Dec 4, 12:17am
If you don't piss them off then they shouldn't bother you. The big question is "would you want their job!". I doubt it - dealing with the scum of society, being abused, spat on and lied to. There will always be a bad-un even in the PF but I reckon they should be paid more than they are. These comments DON'T include traffic police who are a different game altogether.

icemans1, Dec 4, 9:02am
i've lost count of how many tickets i should of had over the years (speeding and not wearing a seat belt). i just co-operate with them and don't be a smart @r$e, i usually just get a warning

klrider, Dec 4, 7:04pm
Pooor baby.come to the attention of Police one to many times sweetheart!

crzyhrse, Dec 4, 9:39pm
You're just further proving the moronic attitude of the clowns in blue.

johnf_456, Dec 9, 4:24am
Interesting

sr2, Dec 9, 12:41pm
I usually offer my point of view and leave it at that. Trying to "prove your position" on this MB usually involves reducing what could be aninteresting debate into an endless slinging match, an old guy like me just has other things in his life. I'm far too busy with my race cars, my band, my business and my family to be interested in online point scoring.

sr2, Dec 9, 12:44pm
Hello Mr Fletcher, we were all wondering when you were going to surface.

hatchback, Dec 9, 5:37pm
Here here, the boys and girls in blue do a great job.I wouldnt do it

valb1, Dec 19, 3:09am
suppose the average cop is ok. What you have to look out for is that they turn into liars in court. Have just had an experience with a cop prosecutor, who lied by ommission. Fortunately my daughters solicitor was onto it, and worth every penny she was paid. Saved my daughters licence, when the nasty prosecutor went against the local cops recommendation - suck that up!

johnf_456, Dec 19, 3:16am
! Wrong person!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 19, 3:16am
I think we need some sort of system whereby if a Police officer is continually shown up to be omitting key facts and/or lieing on the stand that the judge is required to recommend an internal investigation by the Police and action to be taken. This should be a performance review criteria that far outweighs how many "contacts" i.e tickets they have written.

We rely on our Police to be completely honest in their dealings and letting this sort of shady/criminal behavior slip by unchecked is totally unacceptable.

richardmayes, Dec 19, 3:22am
Let's face it, if you drive around in a tinted-out Multipla with loud music playing, throwing gang signs and yelling FTP out the window, you are almost inevitably going to attract the attention of the law. and rightly so, imo.

mrfxit, Dec 19, 4:31am
You forgot to add >>>
The stretched tub's rubbing
Neons
Poddy sticking out of the bonnet
Monster taco + assorted podded gauges on the bonnet
Huge wing on the tail
Monster Intercooler cut in to the bumper.
Number plate hanging on 1 screw
Sideways cap driver complete with goaty
Lowered to 75mm off the ground & BAGGED
Assorted skanks with pasty white pins parked on the dash
6" fart cannon
Fake skank whistle
Pink AND green stickers on the windscreen

gedo1, Dec 19, 5:09am
C'mon Jaz.be fair!while I sympathise about your family member the actual fact in the case you raised on here is that the attendance of the doctor and his apparent delay caused by being stopped, would have made no difference and that fact has since been widely reported.Even the hospital rebutted the claims (or rather the inferences) in media reports, by stating the attendance of the Dr would have made no difference.

richardmayes, Dec 19, 5:41am
That's excellent.

mellisa2000, Dec 19, 7:10am
Too true. Attitude meets attitude. No question.
I have been on the end of a cop telling me off ( younger days - Now just don't get caught - time and a place for everything!) for hooning/wheelies etc but have been let off, and told to bugger off home, because I took it on the chin, was contrite and had no attitude.
This may have happened once or *cough* twice, and my mates always reckoned I got off because I wear glasses, y'know, geek factor!

mrfxit, Dec 19, 7:16am
LOL, close .>>

footplate1, Dec 19, 10:19pm
In addition to having two nephews in the Police, I have worked with them, too.In the context of the Quigley Report.I have nothing but praise for them.I do appreciate, though, that they can have bad days.And, given the scum bags they deal with, I am amazed at the tolerance they have to show.Frankly, I think if they could still take some of the yobs "behind the bike shed", some of the scum would think twice about having them on.And our streets would be safer.

lookoutas, Dec 20, 6:59am
Bit of a bumma when some of ya cashies get nicked!