Toyota Caldina Rear Main Seal replacement

Page 2 / 2
sorayaking, Dec 10, 7:53am
It's tiptronic, 2 mechanics have had a look at it (not removed anything though) and they're fairly sure that's what it is. Probably the fact it hasn't been driven regularly till recently and was sitting idle for almost a year points to the seal drying out and cracking too I would have thought.

phillip.weston, Dec 10, 8:41am
try your luck with a bottle of nulon 'engine stop leak' - it swells up the rubber seals and could stop your leak. Has this motor done high kms!

sorayaking, Dec 11, 3:35am
it's only done 128,000km and it's a 2000 model. I'm not sure if that stuff would be safe to use with a turbo car! I don't know, I just don't want to make it any worse

unbeatabull, Dec 11, 3:54am
How bad is it actually leaking!

If it has a full oil level after a service and doesn't get below low before next service I personally don't consider it being worth doing, on my own car anyway, customer cars on the other hand .

The stop leak could work, it won't make it any worst anyway. If it's an auto, I'd look at doing the front trans seal and draining the torque converter and flushing/changing the trans fluid while its out.