Buying a used car from Dealer

Page 3 / 3
kazbanz, Dec 11, 12:01am
Look Jazz--happy for you to peddle your own boat car wise but I made a recomendation based on my experience and understanding of the OP's needs.
read my recommendation and see anywhere its a swipe at your suggestion.
1)have a look at the current NZ rental fleet. The sunny is the backbone of the second teir operators fleets.
2) servicing is easy by any half competent mechanic and a BASIC service is inexpensive and easy to do.
3) parts are readilly available no matter where in the country you are.
4) its big enough to carry four people in comfort. AND has a big boot for kids junk.
5) they have the small end of the "normal" size wheel wise--ie the tyres are the cheapest size to buy.
6)they are not a thief magnet which also means lower insurance
7) they fit into your budget
8) with BIG milage on the clock they just keep on running with no issues
9) they find a nice middle ground between commuter and covering a few miles in comfort.
As they say --tis hard to find the perfect "car" mate but this is an option I'd recommend looking at

as for the silly comment about tyre size -for gosh sakes 185/65/14 isnt some tiny bikkie sized wheel. It just happens to be so common that there are PLENTY of tyre options available in that size. Incidently what wheel size is the punto again!

40wav, Dec 11, 12:20am
For reliability, cost of purchase/servicing/parts and practicality - I would not buy Euro. I would get a Toyota Corrolla or whatever the newer/similar versions of that are. This is just my own opinion and does not require any retort.Cheers.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 2:24am
Its fun to stir. been too long between "Punto rules the world" threads.

kazbanz, Dec 11, 2:30am
Yea and reading back my ULTIMATEpunto thread OP was deleted when I swapped the kaz to this account---

thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 2:48am
Shame, I guess the great rover/honda debate has been lost to history as well with the threads expiring now.
It was the next best thing to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=hnTmBjk-M0c

mzthang1, Dec 15, 8:36am
Thanks all. Based on the finance limit and what they had on the yard at the time, I went with a 2000 Nissan Pulsar CJ-1.

usdefault, Dec 15, 9:03am
5 cylinder Volvo.

kazbanz, Dec 15, 9:04am
great car--but change the oil every WOF --no reflection on the car just its a great insurance policy.--Incidently--the pulsar is the twin brother of the sunny I suggested

mzthang1, Dec 15, 11:55pm
WOF, Rego, Service and repairs are all included in the payment, so just have to take the car back to the dealer every 6 months when they are due, or when it needs repairs.

I did like the Sunny they had but it wasn't ready for a few more weeks, and I needed a vehicle that day to get me home (Whangarei) from Auckland.

ringo2, Dec 16, 12:05am
And if it was made in Europe jazz would be raving about it.

vtecintegra, Dec 16, 12:09am
Actually according to the AA they're in the top ten as far as theft goes. Not that I think their figures mean much.

crzyhrse, Dec 16, 12:20am
Exactly. I'm pretty sure their 'statistics' are based only on claims to themselves. Hardly a true representation of the vehicle fleet.

kazbanz, Dec 16, 12:51am
sighs --and you never came to see me

mopsy3, Dec 16, 1:11am
You forgot to mention that CVT fluid costs more than standard trans fluid.

mopsy3, Dec 16, 1:16am
Jazz, have you driven every make and model of car in NZ! You seem to know all of the faults of every model mentioned in any thread and yet you ask others to keep 'an open mind' when discussing Euros. Just asking!