How do I choose which vehicle would suit me best.

Page 1 / 2
justme..., Jan 29, 11:37pm
Please help.I'm looking at trading in my Honda Odyssey, it has been great, comfy, reliable etc, but time to get something that I actually want!I would appreciate anyones input who has a bit of background knowledge please.Am looking for comfortable and reliable but nice looking also.This is what I think I like.Subaru Impreza 2003, Nissan Primera 2001, Honda Stream 2002, Subaru Legacy 2001, Mazda Premacy 2002.I need an automatic and still need plenty of room as I have 3 children and we need room for bags etc when we go on hols.Thanks guys.

zirconium, Jan 29, 11:48pm
Hi, is there another adult justme, or just you and three littlies lol! -
Is this your only car,
How much do you want to spend,
How old are your kids,
How long will you want to keep the car,
What annual mileage will the car do,
Do you ever want to tow anything!
What sort of holidays! - You need much more car room for camping for example!

justme..., Jan 29, 11:52pm
No other adult right now :) just me n kids.any other adult coming onto the scene would be expected to have own vehicle.Looking at spending 8-10k ish.Kids are aged 12, 10 and 8 years, not sure bout how long wanting to keep it, probably at least 5-8yrs, I'm not one that has to trade in frequently to look flash, don't know bout mileage - really just to work and back and a few trips away in the hols, I can't tow, I would really appreciate the size of the large boot that these vehicles offer.thanks.

zirconium, Jan 30, 12:01am
So before too long, you will have 3 adult sized people to cart around, and probably 3 people who will have to learn to drive in it! - For insurance purposes, keep the engine size at 2L or below, it makes it much more possible to get insurance cover for learners. I'd look at the non-turbo 2wd 2L legacy if you can find one. They are quite nice cars, plenty of room in the front, back and boot. The fuel consumption goes up on the 4wd, but maybe not enough to be a big concern if your mileage is low. Hopefully others will come along with other suggestions. It would be great if you could give an update when you finally decide what you are going to do.

justme..., Jan 30, 12:06am
Thanks for your input zirconium, I do like the Legacy.and certainly not into 4WD , not necessary.Any more opinions greatly appreciated :)

justme..., Jan 30, 12:16am
Also, what does full auto body kit mean please.

justme..., Jan 30, 12:37am
Thanks papa.so you're saying the premacy is pretty thirsty!As are the legacy and steam.So, I really like the look mof the Subaru Impreza, what makes you say more wear n tear with this, also how is it with the petrol!The Primera looks ok but not as "pretty" as the Impreza, am I being daft!!!!Also what is a full auto body kit please!

justme..., Jan 30, 12:43am
Thank you so much kazbanz, looking for the toyota you have suggested.!

craig04, Jan 30, 12:48am
A little bit different, but what about a Toyota Opa! Economical and roomy. 336486009

justme..., Jan 30, 12:51am
Hey kazbanz I really like the Toyota Fielder you suggested, thanks heaps, will keep looking a bit longer I think.
Okay craig, going to check out the Opa.thank you!

justme..., Jan 30, 12:59am
ok, so basically avoid the body kit thing, ok.I'm not sure I look the pushed up back end look of the Opa but it looks very comfy inside.

justme..., Jan 30, 1:00am
Yes I quite like the blind/cover thing, good idea.

justme..., Jan 30, 1:19am
Vista Ardeo also looks ok, not many around by the looks of it, or not many for sale anyway!

justme..., Jan 30, 1:22am
ok, heres a silly question, can you remove the full body kit!There are some nice vehicles with it on, I don't think it would work with my driveway!Will look for Altezza gita.

justme..., Jan 30, 1:28am
Hmmm.ok afew to choose from now I think, I like the Honda Stream, seems like a good all round choice and good economy wise.Have gone off the Subaru if its a thief magnet, bit of a bummer though as it looks great!The Toyota Corolla Fielder looks like a real contender also, very comfy.and possibly the Altezza Gita although maybe not easy to find.how do I make a final decision pease, is it just time to think a bit and then do a few test drives!

justme..., Jan 30, 1:35am
wow, this looks good, any opinions!Seems very reasonably priced.349049971
Bumper skirts!Are these going to make it too low and troublesome for a steep driveway!

justme..., Jan 30, 1:50am
348449961 the Lancer Cedia also looks like a possibility, there are too many now!However i wouldn't go with the leather seats, doesn't work in summer with short skirts!

justme..., Jan 30, 1:52am
347972962 the volkswagon golf looks great, didn't expect to find something like that in this price range, supposed to be good cars aren't they!Very tidy, can't fault it although green wouldn't be my first choice of colour.

justme..., Jan 30, 2:08am
Hmm, you've certainly been very helpful and also thrown in some great new suggestions.don't really want to go to Auckland to purchase a car so will probably choose from what is on offer locally.thanks for all your help and advice, greatly appreciated.You have all certainly given me a few things to think about.up to me now I suppose.I will be back to let you know my decision, may not be for a week or so though.

justme..., Jan 30, 2:10am
Hey kazbanz, thanks, I think I have a reasonable idea of the value of mine, I'm thinking $3k - $3.5k, let me know if I'm wrong, reasonably tidy 1995 Auto Honda Odyssey.am thinking trade in and cash.possibly finance
Thankfully kids are all past the stage of needing booster seats etc, and not planning on any more so that aspect is easy I suppose, but yes good idea to take a friend although I can stand my ground :)

craig04, Jan 30, 2:29am
What a nice thread. No bickering and all good sensible suggestions.

justme..., Jan 30, 2:45am
Oh mileage, ummm, approx 160,000kms.

justme..., Jan 30, 2:47am
Yes we've all played very nicely here, fantastic stuff, MB is about the only good part of TM these days unfortunately!Not impressed with the fees here now, is what I really mean.

justme..., Jan 30, 2:49am
kazbanz.do you mean they may agree with my $3000 figure to go thru with the sale!You lost me a bit there.

justme..., Jan 30, 2:52am
Yep you're pretty darn good alright kaz!
Papa.do you really think its worth listing here to try first!It does need a good wash n groom, thats for sure but no damage, rips etc.what should be my reserve for selling here do you think!