Tyre brands. Have to replace all 4 tyres on lexus gs300 2005 22550 r17 94w local companies have recommended goodyear nct5 and to

camac99, Feb 6, 6:32am
Have to replace all 4 tyres on Lexus GS300 (2005). 225/50 R17 94W

Local companies have recommended Goodyear NCT5 and Toyo C1S, both at about $250 per corner.

I see a Goodride SV308 UHP 98W on Trade Me for just over half that price. Anyone have experience of this brand / version!

Any other advice welcome

vr4_legnum, Feb 6, 7:25am
Do not buy the Goodride, They are just cheap China tyre and they are crap.

Go with the Toyo C1S, have heard alot good things about them

fordcrzy, Feb 6, 8:01am
what about wear. new tyres seem to be made of crap rubber that barely lasts 30K

cowboy110, Feb 6, 8:05am
Check out if Hankook/Ventus do a tyre in that size.Got them on my V8 Commodore.Real nice tyre and well priced.Goodride, Triangle, Supercat.OK for a shopping basket but not for your car.

gt4nz, Feb 6, 8:22am
I have fitted a lot of Hankook and Kingstar (old Hankook moulds) lately. 4WD tyres are getting some real good milage and customers are speaking quite highly of them. Make sure you run your pressures right, had some people saying they have handling issues, a quick (educated) pressure adjustment makes a world of difference.

moosie_21, Mar 18, 12:16pm
Get the Toyo's. Have some Proxe4's on mine, are still doing good mileage and have awesome grip, and I believe they're even a step down from the C1S. If I can afford to fit those on my '93 Celica I'm sure you can find the change to fit some to your '05 Lexus. Remember, you always get what you pay for.