Nissan Navara vs. Toyota Hilux

Page 3 / 4
austingtir, Dec 30, 1:11am
The triton 3.2 was a fantastic motor the 2.5 is no better than the rest and the chassis suspension gearbox are inferior to hilux and navara.

Seriously i drove a new triton gls and my old d22 navara has a better ride and seems to go better.D40's are light years ahead of tritons.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 1:22am
You clearly didn't drive the twin turbo. It has just as much torque and power as the biggest Navara and its delivered very low in the rev range. thats the point of the two turbo's.

The Hilux is no where near as much torque especially at low revs.

austingtir, Dec 30, 1:23am
^^ I think this guys a VW dealer just read his other posts in this section.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 1:25am
I can't get over how eager people are to draw silly conclusions based on CC rating, especially when they havn't even driven one, seen one or even heard of one until this thread.

Technology has moved on, buying last decades technology is pointless.

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 1:25am
plenty of power, out of a 2 liter! Tuis anyone. Sorry Jazz you're never going to convince me of that. Mind you, the fact its an european vehicle is enough to put me off it anyway.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 1:26am
Nope, not at all. I just can't believe people are so stupid as to discount by far the best vehicle in the range.

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 1:28am
My bro has a triton 3+ litre turbo engine. Cant remember exact cc. Damn that thing is amazing. Drives just like a petrol engine.Makes the old hilux'slook like total rubbish.

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 1:28am
the fact its an euro is enough for me. Yes, I know your passionate about your european vehicles. Good on you. But dont expect them to be every ones' cup of tea. Personally, I dont like eruopean vehicles. Something you need to get used too. Not everyone is going to share your passion.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 1:28am
*Facepalm*
Its like trying to teach calculus to amoeba's in here today.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 1:29am
Whats a eruo!

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 1:30am
got me! whats a zoozipeelaala *(&()(*( !

koma6, Dec 30, 1:31am
Far out, what a bunch of school kids:) Mine ones better than yours, buy what you want/like and who cares.

snj11, Dec 30, 1:32am
Best vehicle in the range - IN YOUR OPINION, which your are entitled to but seriously. learn when to know enough is enough, they have clearly stated hilux or navara, whether you agree or not is irrellivant. Not evry one wants a euro!

tcos, Dec 30, 1:42am
just curious, what are the petrol motors like in the new hiluxs!

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 1:43am
who you calling school kids!.
*sticks fingers in ears and pokes tounges at koma6*

tui4u, Dec 30, 1:46am
My old navara TD 23 has done 570,000 kms and hasn't had a spanner on the motor, except to change the glo plugs.

amberjandal, Dec 30, 1:54am
Thats what I drove Jazz , had 4 people in it and was nowhere. Then did a bit of off road and was worse. would be OK on those Euro roads but Kiwi roads. nek minnut.agreed on the Hilux but the new Ranger ate it in every department.

amberjandal, Dec 30, 1:57am
Very few want a Euro , VW are first Euro on the NZ sales charts in 10th place with 4.4% of the market. If it was World cup rugby they went home prior to the quearter finalsSamoa / Fiji / USA:-)

trdbzr, Dec 30, 2:16am
And once again (like many other countless times) Jazz has been proven to be full of shit as usual.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 2:35am
How about an independent Australian review:

http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/reviews/car-reviews/toyota/toyota-hilux-vs-volkswagen-amarok.htm

If you can't be bothered reading it all read the summary:

As good as the HiLux is, and it is very good, it feels dated next to the Amarok, and we're not sure the updated HiLux due soon will address that. Volkswagen has entered the most heavily competitive end of the market with a vehicle that looks better, feels better, drives better, is bigger inside and out, and can tow much more than the HiLux. The king is dead.

I also liked this bit:

Driving

The Amarok is on another planet entirely compared to any other utility we've tested.

amberjandal, Dec 30, 3:00am
Ranger wasn't released when this article was written Jazz - nice try :-)

bellky, Dec 30, 3:03am
yes. always like it 'round 'ere

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:07am
Neither was the new more powerful Amarok.

ree6, Dec 30, 4:51am
I think the OP asked "Nissan Navara vs Toyota Hilux".
For what it's worth, I've owned both.
Navara have been the best in all facets, ie build, ride, reliability and finish.

ashy8, Dec 30, 4:52am
How much can it tow really! Our 2.8 hilux towed 3ton unbraked day after day, sure it wasn't winning any races but did it without a problem and never flipped etc. Sure having the power to haul it is one thing but its only a ute and how much more would you really be wanting to tow with a light ute! Surely the tail must start wagging the dog with way more than that on hooked up.