Suggestions for a new car for me.be nice boys!

Page 2 / 3
nikrs, Dec 30, 3:42am
jenny I totally agree with that comment.my poor wee hack that is ready to be put out to pasture is the nissan equivilant .a 1997 nissan sentra hatch.she has clocked up 370km's with me.I thinks I may actually cry when she goes :'{

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:45am
The less features less to break thing is a bit of a myth I am afraid. Just like the more expensive to service myth.

Reliability is about balance, its a product of servicing, km's, type of use, and lastly make and model.

Unfortunately there are those in the trade will try and tell you that by spending a fortune on something that is over priced, less safe, less economical and has less features you will save money. simply because of the badge on the front. and no you don't need service records.

Its a bit like the "chain driven is better" myth.

carstauranga001, Dec 30, 3:45am
Geely! You have realy lost the plot now! Time for your medication. When you have time phone the Ex Tga agent to see why they dumped them.

carstauranga001, Dec 30, 3:48am
8K is rediculous. That's a popular model and there will be more than one buyer for it. Kaz will get the money easily, unlike a Fiat.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:52am
carstauranga. I think you may have missed that both posts were made completely in jest, given we both know the owner of the yard etc with the second vehicle. The first one was a subtle remark at how the Geely looked like an inflatable doll. and not the kind you would give your kids.

There is no way I would seriously recommend a Geely. don't worry I was not having a "mapman" moment.

You must be working too hard!

Time for a nice relaxing drive in a Euro.

teejay2, Dec 30, 3:57am
something nice and reliable, a nissan pulsar Q or similar.the engines are bullet proof and they are chain driven so no cambelt issues. I had one for a few years before buying my new mazda3

something like this perhaps!

Listing #: 435946666

or since you are in auckland

Listing #: 435876995

nikrs, Dec 30, 3:59am
hi again jazz. the thing is, that my wee sentra has I suppose set a really high threshold for me.i have had her for 10 1/2 years.she finally got her 1st new clutch this year.(which I still proclaim was un-necessary) and has had the clutch cable done 2 times in that 10 years (2nd time was 3 months ago).other then regular servicing.,.I have not pent a cent on her.dont get me wrong I would LOVE a fancy car with all of the bells and whistles that was worth heaps of $$$$ but I would rather buy a house .hope this makes sense.(also I cant spell, so dont tease me guys!)

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:59am
Clearly you have missed the humour as well.

nikrs, Dec 30, 4:03am
oh Richard, thats quite a cutie!

nikrs, Dec 30, 4:05am
teejay I had seen this listing.be honest here.is the pricing about right for this.! I paid 10k for my sentra 10 years ago and it was only 4 years old.

nikrs, Dec 30, 4:08am
OMFG jazz.it has a taco!, actually i think that car is pretty cool.now anyone here in the Kapiti area!

nikrs, Dec 30, 4:10am
one thing I forgot to mention.prob the most important thing also is the potential new car MUST HAVE GOOD BRAKES! the sentra brakes are effin shite.I am actually surprised I am still alive, thats how bad they are!(oh and yes I think I have had the brakes done a couple of times over the years.)

richard198, Dec 30, 4:11am
That corolla looks good too; I'm sure you'll find one in Auckland though!

teejay2, Dec 30, 4:13am
I honestly have no idea now about pricing.we have got to the fortunate position where we buy new.but perhaps if cars and jazz could stop winding each other up a bit, they may be able to help out there! I do know that I got about $8k as a trade in on my pulsar about 3 years ago and that was 4 years old with about 120k on the clock.it was a manual euro.

nikrs, Dec 30, 4:13am
there are heaps of "good" cars around.but for the 1st time in my life I am trying not to make a rushed & hasty decision, and I keep missing out.DAMMIT LOL

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 4:16am
Great news on that front too!

It has DISC BRAKES. on the back even!
just like my car. thats made in 1975

I was particularly excited about THE airbag as well.

Sorry. its hard to resist this thread.

teejay2, Dec 30, 4:17am
I never ever recommend a car dealer.but if I was going to, it would be the chap in takanini that we used to use until we started buying new. barrie hellyer motors .if you put all of that together and add the www and co dot nz you should have a good gander at his website.I know you are on the shore (from your profile) but this guy has been in business over 30 years on the one site and under the same name.almost unheard of in this day and age.

nikrs, Dec 30, 4:18am
oh.ur alright jazz.lol as long as u occasionally educate me.then I am happy.

nikrs, Dec 30, 4:20am
I come from out that way so I am familiar.i live in browns bay, and work in wiri.thats y I cant afford to end up with a lemon LOL.yes I sound nuts, but trust me I am very thankfull to even have a job, let alone one I LOVE!

mugenb20b, Dec 30, 4:20am
Mazda 2

teejay2, Dec 30, 4:22am
lol I work in town and live south.we have a lady who commutes from ngaruawahia.so I hear you.well worth having a chat with barrie.he wont put you wrong.and if he doesnt have what you want, he will try and find it.and not often will you find imports on his yard he mostly has nz new stuff.a lot of it is ex lease corporate stuff.and full service hx, I see he actually has a pulsar on there at the moment.

teejay2, Dec 30, 4:23am
OMG I know that car! it was sold originally by the same guy I am talking about.it was on the yard at the same time mine was.and it would have come from the same fleet as the one he has advertised now.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 4:28am
The best education I can suggest is to go and drive some of these vehicles and also note their safety etc. hospital care is a lot more expensive than vehicle servicing. Also be aware that economy varies a lot in this segment as well.

www.euroncap.com will give you the run down on safety. www.reliabilityindex.com will give you an excellent factual guide on reliabliity.

If a car scores under 100 on the reliability index its generally pretty good and likely a safe buy, under 50 is exceptionally good.

fryan1962, Dec 30, 4:42am
would prefer a nz new car! wow I did not know there was such a thing except for trekka

lots of choices have been posted that sort of money buys a lot of car now

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 4:43am
Once you have done your research and driven the alternatives, I would strongly suggest you then drive a Grande Punto. If you can still live with the other choice after than then you have made the right decision. if not buy the Punto, its going to beat the others on safety, features and economy and still be very reliable.