Ford or holden

Page 2 / 4
mopsy3, May 18, 10:06pm
You show your utter and complete ignorance of V8 supercars, actually of NZ motorsports in general with this question. And btw you were taught that having a 'fisticuffs' makes you a hero! You carry on about how you were raised but you admit to thinking fights amongst sportsmen make them great. You obviously have not met any of the people you speak so knowledgably of.It shows.

quickstitch, May 18, 11:58pm
Murphy was a legend (after his lap of the gods) until he drove Ambrose into the wall and took away his championship. Now he's just an embarassing tosser and a sore loser

quickstitch, May 18, 11:59pm
Or did Ambrose get the championship that year too !

321mat, May 19, 12:34am
Ford owners seem to be more in the way of having the typical "scone doer" personality, maybe due to the fact that in the glory days of car racing, the great man, Peter Brock (all stand), used to regularly wipe the floor with their hopes and dreams each year at Bathurst.

And, Brock was a nice bloke, too.
I had the priveledge of meeting him three times.

321mat, May 19, 12:40am
He's not the nicest man in the room, let's face it.

thunderbolt, May 19, 12:45am
His "passionate" outbursts have done him some damage, along with the average performances and whinging.

I have done some promotional work with him, and found him very easy to get along with.

But your opinions lost all credability with me when you brought "race" into the discussion.

thunderbolt, May 19, 12:49am
He was a nice bloke to his fans, some who new him well have written about his not so nice qualities.
Great driver, no doubt.
Interesting to note that many in the know consistantly rate Gentleman Jim higher than PB as a driver.

nave12, May 19, 12:51am
Ambrose,Ford = legends
murphy = whiny tosser that has'nt won since pukekohe days.
Ambrose vs murphy = one of them have gone miles backwards to the point where no one really cares about them anymore and the other is making millions and competing in one of the worlds largest racing catergories and got a 3rd place finish last sunday.

thunderbolt, May 19, 12:52am
Hard to believe that you are that stupid, but just to be clear i am referring to this tripe you offered earlier.

xacoon wrote:

he has maori mates, wheee so do I haha doesnt mean he isn't a scone doer. haha

well i very much doubt ambrose has any aboriginal mates. i have heard that he is a racist as well as a terrible steering wheel artist
eddiedean (119 )10:42 pm, Wed 18 May #30

scotty20001, May 19, 12:53am
i would own a hot version of either, at the moment i have a slightly warm VX S/C Calais and that suits me fine, both FPV/HSV shit on rice burners, (waits for the rice boys to go on about how their flying chip packets are superior (till they crash)

tuttyclan, May 19, 12:56am
Honda!

thunderbolt, May 19, 1:01am
Tell my mates!

Hell no, I am printing this and it's going straight to the pool room!

321mat, May 19, 1:14am
Well, not quite.
GM Holden severed their business ties with him because of the claims he made regarding the Energy Polariser could not be substantiated, and would therefore make the parent company open to all kinds of law suits in the event of product failure.Brock drove in the 1987 ATCC as a private Holden driver.

Brock came back to Holden (in 1991)- initially as a privateer runner, and then as an HRT driver (1994), as Holden needed the Mobil sponsorship to fund their race car team.

mopsy3, May 19, 2:14am
LOL his wife didnt think so.

foxdonut, May 19, 2:34am
Road for road, the 'best' Ford will rape the 'best' Holden.

But you guys are talking commodore vs Falcon so, whatever. They're both just large a to b family cars.

Race wise I reckon Murphy is a cock. Just because he's a Kiwi doesn't mean he deserves any special treatment.

xacoon, May 19, 6:39am
sarcasm fail. sounding like a pre pubescent fanboy doesn't make for good sarcasm

xacoon, May 19, 6:41am
pb wasnt the be all and end all, yeh the dirty laundry makes for an interesting read too.

xacoon, May 19, 6:47am
ask his wives how nice he was eh! the glory days had their fair share of fords winning, was the supercar scare was the end of the glory days.

whoz_datgurl, May 19, 6:48am
Holdens look better

xacoon, May 19, 6:48am
believe it. and no I dont care what he drives.

mapman, May 19, 7:44am
Load of crap and you know it. Just by typing something that is on your mind doesn't make it believable. On this occasion I reckon your just drive people away from from the diarrhoea your typing. I??

xacoon, May 19, 7:55am
so let me see, not only do I have to like crewmans UTVs (sorry I did vomit a little in my mouth at that one) but I have to like a guy that has a reputation for being a bit iffy behind closed doors, and who had most of his glory days before I hit double figures! bloody hell so much for a free country eh.

xacoon, May 19, 7:57am
no beef with brock, just not a fan. avon hyde was my favourite driver from that era. entertainment.

xacoon, May 19, 8:01am
I think your comment will go over a few heads, as every one just assumes falcon is fords best car. would be entertainment to see a commode up against a GT I reckon. or even a late dfv, whatever chassis. mmm I want me one of those right there.

quickstitch, May 19, 8:21am
eddiedean, Murphy drove Ambrose into the wall on a high speed dangerous part of the race track. Do you recall the video footage straight after the incident. the camera went onto murphy's pit crew and the look on their faces said it all. I think they were embarassed to be party of the Murphy team on that occasssion. Ambrose got past Muph, with a slight rub (rubbing is racing) and the overhead camera veiw showed muphy deliberately driving into him. A moment i reckon Murph would like to take back, he lost alot of fans in a split second, including me.