AA Roadside assistance put water in our fuel tank!

Page 4 / 4
mugenb20b, Nov 5, 11:36pm
When I get a call from AA, I attend the breakdown, fill in the book and close off the job. Then, I can get a phone call from First Assist, similar procedure, but no book to fill in. We are given customer numbers and order numbers. Our garage contracts out to several companies, and we look after the area between Marton and Taihape. So, how can I be wrong, if I'm on call every third week! Most callouts I get are from AA, better for the client if they are a 'plus' member as they can get towed where they like. Otherwise, I tow them to the nearest garage and take it from there. I am a 'plus' member, just for the sake of convenience. $70 odd per year isn't that much.

kiwis0, Nov 5, 11:48pm
What $70 for the AAvs$49, that is what the VTNZ charges, for a service that you may, or may not use. Plus you get 255 flybuy points on renewal of your VTNZ membership.

kazbanz, Nov 6, 12:40am
kiwis /mugenb -sorry guys I think you are actually saying the same thing.
Mugen is saying He's the same mechanic for all the breakdown services depending on who the customer is with. and Kiwis is saying "Hey same service but cheaper for the vtnz service."
You are both right IMO
um except that with AA premiumyou do get to tow the car to your choiceof garage

kiwis0, Nov 6, 12:54am
True, your right.

poppajn, Nov 6, 8:02am
Dang good reading.

probuild3, Nov 6, 9:50am
One thing I've often wondered. the pickup for fuel is hardly going to be right at the bottom of the gas tank otherwise it would always suck old sh*t up yea! Soooo, running your tank low isn't going to do anything, right ! i.e, pickup not at bottom, stuff at bottom not "picked up"

the_don_61, Nov 6, 10:40am
My Toyota broke down in arthers pass.The AA would only truck it to Miles Toyota in ch-ch.

Nothing local about that.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 5, 10:44pm
Why! We're simply discussing water in fuel.

johnf_456, Jan 5, 10:53pm
Thought you quit!

rover79, Jan 5, 11:15pm
Haven't read the second page so don't know if its been said, but we do have alsorts of deception.

if the worker were dishonest, They could take 2 litres out of each 5 litre can and replace with water, we all know the pick up in the tank is a bit off the bottom and might beable to handle a couple of litres of water in the tank with no effect, they may of got greedy and put 3 litres in knowing that whenever we run out we go straight to gas station and fill up. there may of already been water in the bottom for one reason or another and 3 litres was too much.
What I don't understand though is, if there was so much water in it how did the car get started.