Road workers not working

Page 2 / 5
johnf_456, Jun 16, 1:56am
Better road. Reminds of the road outside my house, they scrap it back and do one layer then in a few months its back to square one.

johnf_456, Jun 16, 1:56am
Good on ya

shuddupowh, Jun 16, 2:02am
What country (or planet) are you from! NZ Roads are SH-T. We have some of the worst roads in the world (for a first world country).

trader_84, Jun 16, 2:20am
Yeah mate . much the same as my experience too. Once the material starts coming in . it takes priority over everything. Most of the pricks that comment on road workers standing around wouldn't foot it on a job site anyway - their mouths would get them into trouble, lol!

smac, Jun 16, 2:27am
You're making no sense what so ever.just trying to get my head around it. If anyone else reading this can make sense of this, please fill me in.

matthew111, Jun 16, 2:38am
they are allowed their cup of tea

johnf_456, Jun 16, 3:25am
smac: Please answer what I have already quoted twice

Or lets break down again my first reply

Explain to me how making an observation affects labor allocation its a physical observation I have noted in donkey years of driving. So do tell me why what I do for a living affects my ability to make a judgement / observation and turn this into labor allocation.

Are you saying we need to be in a special type of job to make observations of driving past road w/ through road works!

smac, Jun 16, 3:27am
lol that's just gold right there!

johnf_456, Jun 16, 3:29am
Well answer it, observations and passing a commentis somewhat different to labor allocation which I am not talking about. Do explain why!

player_smurf, Jun 16, 3:31am
Yes its a common sight.roadworkers breastfeeding their shovels!

johnf_456, Jun 16, 3:32am
Yes but what line of work are you in that will affect how you judge what you see with your own eyes. It may qualify you or not qualify to pass judgement according to some about road workers.

smac, Jun 16, 3:35am
*ahem* ok, I've calmed down. I'll try and explain:

You made an observation. Fine. I asked a question (what do you do that qualifies you etc), which you answered (its a observation i have made etc).

No problem with any of that.

What I DID ask was, what did you mean by saying "Firstly you can't use the function as its johnf_456 not johnf."That statement is not English in any form that makes sense or is relevant to this thread, so I was simply asking if you could please rephrase it, or clarify it's meaning. Please and thank you.

player_smurf, Jun 16, 3:36am
Nothing wrong with my eyes or do they tell lies! hmmmmm!

johnf_456, Jun 16, 3:38am
Sure, well to me its just polite to use a posters proper nickname or use the quote function. The quote function was referring to some who constantly mis type my nickname wrong and if they quoted it would not be a problem.

It is relevant to this thread, so as I said use the quote function if you can't type the nickname correctly which I know you can.

smac, Jun 16, 3:41am
Riight, and nobody had quoted anyone in this thread yet. And you wonder why I was confused!! Forget that, rhetorical question.

smac, Jun 16, 3:43am
Yeah see this is how it works: I'll call you bugs fecking bunny if I want to. Your call whether you answer or not. If you believe I am being disrespectful, or the name I use does not apply to you, then feel free to ignore me.

You say tomato, I say tomato. You say potato, I say pretentious git.

johnf_456, Jun 16, 3:47am
Its fine but to me its just polite to use the correct name unless they are specifically ok with it. Just like in person of making a nickname for someone then calling them that name you made up all the time, when they may not like it.

player_smurf, Jun 16, 3:51am
Gosh somebody sounds a bit 'up-tight'!

doublek, Jun 16, 4:05am
Hey John F, why the sad face!

bbq-bro, Jun 16, 4:12am
went pass many a time,when Fulton were extending outside Rangitoto College late last year.always on the job most time.that black icky stuff,now that brings back memories.lol.fortunatley you guys got all the machines to cater for it.

royale1, Jun 16, 4:18am
he loves the attention

elect70, Jun 16, 4:27am
To think we used to laugh at the old MOW boys leaning on their shovels having a smoke .Nothing has changed except they work for Fulton Hogan now .LOcal roads no betterdown here a small job to put in asurge chamber &pump & 500m of pipe has been going on for 18 months .Cointracting out has made it worsebecause cant moan to council they just say its contracted out. same with the street lighting .

bbq-bro, Jun 16, 4:39am
yea i think with every different gang and sector its different.its a good laugh for the boys who are doing private concreteing,landscaping etc etc who are driving pass and seeing a bunch of em standing around yaking tand smoking tho.lol

wrong2, Jun 16, 5:21am
john - shut the heck up

read the OP , comment on the topic - leave

every time its the crybaby rountine john - keep it to YOURSELF

johnf_456, Jun 16, 5:26am
No I left one comment and smac did not acknowdledge it. Its johnf_456 not john either, make my day do you want to make this thread four pages! Just polite to use correct names, not make up as you go.

You should also follow your own advice also, whats your thoughts on road workers. Yet to see anything yet