Mitsi Good Girls Car

Page 1 / 2
howie69, Mar 27, 4:55am
I have heard that the Mitsubishi is a popular car for girls. Apparently they are easy to drive and girlies like to drive them. Not my choice but have been advised girl would have little trouble with one.Have been watching the Lancers and Legnums for a while now and the majority of drivers are female. Mechanic friend warned my off the turbo Legnum, though as they are gutsy on gas(but girl just think they are choice). Any comment on the suitability for 22 year old female

mike107, Mar 27, 4:59am
There are a couple of 1973 Galant GTO's on Trademe at the moment, they were popular with Girls once, I think the Girls would be Grannies now!

andy61, Mar 27, 5:04am
Dont get a Legnum unless you want to keep your mechanic wealthy.

intrade, Mar 27, 5:07am
dont buy any mitsubishi is the best rule.

mike107, Mar 27, 5:09am
Buy a Nissan or a Toyota.

the_chooky, Mar 27, 6:11am
There's nothing wrong with Mitsa's. Some people slag them only because it starts with a "M". But they are the best looking jappa car there is and the most fuel efficient. Jeese new ones come with a 10 year warranty.
Diamonds are forever.

mig5, Mar 27, 6:26am
Women should drive sinks, stoves and strollers. That is all.

r15, Mar 27, 7:06am
out of all the mitsi's ive driven and friends have owned, fuel efficient was always something the car was NOT in comparison to similar cars from other manufacturers

r15, Mar 27, 7:07am
who the hell is going to do the washing!

i'll assume you forgot about washing machines :P

cuda.340, Mar 27, 7:13am
all the hotter chicks i know drive Mazdas

40wav, Mar 27, 8:22am
You, 'Gary', are the ugliest 22 year old female Ive ever seen!

p_rock, Mar 27, 8:23am
Damn, legnums are chicky cars! lol2 that. If she got 2 car seats in them, sure.

howie69, Mar 27, 7:33pm
Read my question I just asked about the suitability for a girl.
Mitsis are not my cuppa I prefer real steel from Australia or the USA

rachsta, Mar 27, 7:33pm
Agreed.

brokebloke1, Mar 28, 12:23am
my partner drives our 98 galant its cheap to run, never had any problems with it as long as you keep oil changes at between 5-10000 kms
its a 1800 gdi

saki, Mar 28, 2:53am
no you asked if mitsubishi is a good girls car, it could also be a bad girls car.

rlnhrd, Mar 28, 8:41am
mitsis are good.for bussiness!

iron-maiden, Mar 28, 9:14pm
primera or skyline me thinks lancers as well

loose.unit8, Mar 28, 11:52pm
Plenty of girls drive levins and civics.My girlfriend has had 2 levins previously

ct9a, Mar 28, 11:53pm
diamonds are a girls best friend

mk3zephyr, Mar 29, 1:27am
A service memo from Mitsi HQ stated that it was quite acceptable for Mitsi's to use a litre of oil per 1000km, Hands up who has come up behind a Mitsi at traffic lights and thought it was their own car smelling of oil but realised it was the mitsi in front!, Also when they were built by Todds in Porirua they were the worst assembled vehicle out of all cars built in NZ

ct9a, Mar 29, 1:48am
shesh that was a long time ago 1997 i think!

richardmayes, Mar 29, 1:59am
No. Mitsubishis are unsuitable for girls.

The powerful thrust when MIVEC kicks in (yo) often makes them cream their knickers, this leads to excessive valet bills.Also many Mitsubishis have the stick-shift thingy which is impossible for some females to cope with.

Get her a Honda, everyone knows Hondas are only for girls or homosexual men.

2lo4ho, Mar 29, 7:19am
i agree with get her a honda. mitsis are ok but the gdi legums do age prematurely. get clunky and old feeling at relatively low kms. 90% blow blue smoke and smell fumy. ive driven plenty of them over the years and im super surprised when i see a genuinely tidy example. most are shit. get her a nice nissan or honda. generally stay away from mitsis and mazdas.

petal_91, Mar 29, 9:34am
I'm a girl and I have a Legnum VR-4, twin turbo. Mine has been a very reliable car for the six years I've had it. Easy cars to drive and work on too if you are so inclined. The website www.clubvr4.com has everything you could ever want to know about these cars.