What's a good large family car?

Page 2 / 3
by_hdt, Feb 4, 12:39am
I work on euros of all sizes and brands and I assure you, the unreliability and massive repair bills are no myth! There is a reason I drive home in a Holden and not a BMW like the MD wishes I would.

trdbzr, Feb 4, 12:51am
You have a habit of derailing threads and turning threads into a 'all about me and my opinions only' thread. But then again considering you left this mb for a while because people had different opinions to you and you made a big deal over it like a pompous poof, and to just get attention for it like the attention seeker you are, im actually not suprised. You really need to pull your head out of your arse and smell the roses for once.

grangies, Feb 4, 12:53am
Head a little further up Whangaroa and Doubtless Bay.

Nicer and more laid back than the Bay Of Islands.

Make sure youcall in and say hi.

craig04, Feb 4, 1:06am
Very sorry sir. Please forgive me.

craig04, Feb 4, 1:09am
Beautiful part of the country.

saxman99, Feb 4, 1:22am
Why on earth would you swerve to avoid a possum!

akaniva, Feb 4, 1:45am
No it's not sadly. Buy Japanese and save lots of money and grief.

akaniva, Feb 4, 1:48am
So I don't either damage my car, or find a rotting eyeball stuck underneath my car.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 4, 3:33am
Cheers, will do. be prepared for a compulsory lap insomething Italian though!

pge, Feb 4, 4:15am
Have you imported the "Costa Concordia'!

Didn't think you'd be 'down' on that, did you!.

grangies, Feb 4, 5:50am
Bring one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lancia_Delta_Integrale_Evo_2_IMG_9403.jpg

Because the State Highway out front is trawled by the Police, and behind us it's nothing but gravel roads.

cassandra13, Feb 4, 6:33am
praieie ,nissan. got an sr20 in it which is pretty much bullet proof- reliable as and stacks of room

grangies, Feb 4, 6:59am
They have up to $25,000 for their purchase price.

So I doubt an old Nissan Prairie will cut the mustard.

timmo1, Feb 4, 7:58am
Maxima ST- These are big cars, a stonking engine and great suspension.

rovercitroen, Feb 4, 9:23am
What do you mean by "great suspension". Most Maximas I have owned or driven have had less than ideal suspension. Wallowy, floaty, harsh riding.

rovercitroen, Feb 4, 9:23am
Apart from that, Maximas are great cars - just not "drivers" cars.

juger0, Feb 4, 12:27pm
I've heard the same thing about Maximas, floaty. Guess the Ford and Holden still lead the pack but I'll look into what Japanese large cars are in the same category. What would be the next size up from the Honda Accord Euro and Mazda 6 in Japanese cars, that's not a Maxima! ;-)

3tomany, Feb 4, 7:24pm
fg falcon and maybe ve commodore are youre best option they are big, ride nice, handle, safe,cheap to fix most of the time and if driven well are more economical than most medium cars

3tomany, Feb 4, 7:27pm
and you will risk youre life for that!

timmo1, Feb 4, 8:19pm
Sorry that was a mistake on my part- I was meaning the Spec R version of the Maxima which has a NZ specific sports suspension tune. This was praised by our motoring press when it came out and took away all of the floaty-ness that the standard spec cars have. I seem to remember a compo in 'Motor' magazine comparing it to the SV6 and XR6s and it trumped them in most tests.

timmo1, Feb 4, 8:19pm

mk3zephyr, Feb 4, 8:39pm
One word.Multipla

edangus, Feb 4, 9:15pm
What are the Mitsi 380's like!

Personally though with the kind of cash the OP has I would be going BMW.

elect70, Feb 4, 9:19pm
Commie or coonwagonif buying used.Then when boys get their own caryou canflog it offgeta sporty car for own use .

lookin4ord, Feb 4, 10:44pm
just brought a mazda mpv very happy with it