What is a bullet proof medium sized vehicle?

Page 2 / 2
klrider, Feb 13, 6:46pm
Hummer

budgel, Feb 13, 7:17pm
Mazda BT50 or its Ford variant.Thousands of them around, everyday workhorses without the Hilux premium.I have met several guys who like them better than the late model Hiluxes they previously had.

vincentvenomous, Feb 16, 7:17am
Go for toyota hilux, m8. I got one and it won't disappoint or toyota landcruiser 60 series.

evotime, Feb 16, 9:07am
commodore or falcon would get my vote

bestgames, Feb 16, 1:22pm
There are some cheapish falcons about - they are monster cars compared to what I have driven (mostly) which has been 1.3 liter run abouts. I'd have to watch dropping the clutch in those bastards.! Unlike my little Toyo.

grangies, Feb 16, 6:33pm

bestgames, Feb 16, 9:10pm
Post 3 was funnier.

kazbanz, Feb 16, 9:29pm
bestgames--the question I ask is. Do you want a "trucky" kind of vehicle or a sedan/wagonny vehicle!
This thing about a trailer -How often will the trailer be towed up the tukas!

bestgames, Feb 16, 11:28pm
Not too often with the trailer over the hill - but better to have and not need than need and not have. my motto.

I think a decent two seat ute would be ideal - it's just the wife and me and a rat-dog. But there are probably a LOT more wagons around.

I was looking at ford couriers and the rodeos for the double cabs but the couriers don't have much grunt for towing and the rodeos don't seem to have the same pedigree as the falcon/hilux/commodore.

Never had a deisel so not sure about that. Have been looking around 3 liter - more economy than the 4 given how often we'd actually be towing.

kazbanz, Feb 16, 11:43pm
bestgames--I'm hearing ya -I guess I tend to think of the economics of the situation.
If you tow twice a year for example then the fuel savings alone not buying a gas guzzlercould pay for a rental ute or for the "stuff" to be delivered.

bestgames, Feb 17, 1:10am
Yeah, we'll probably keep one car anyway as a run about and parking at the station in crap weather for the commute in to town. Our current is getting pretty tired so maybe a case of having one which can carry and one which can't.

Got a two car garage so room for the things at least. But yes lot of maintenance.

berg, Feb 17, 1:18am
Don't knock Rodeos too quickly. Having owned a 2.8 td doublecab I wouldn't hesitate recommending one. You would want a higher spec one but they are a good solid truck.