Cyclists

Page 1 / 6
rbjz, Feb 14, 3:56am
I give you more then enough room on the road's you don't pay road uses for, but when you bunch up 3+ in a line across my side of the road, around blind corners, and hills, and then flip ME the finger! like I'm the a$$ hole! when i have to sit on abs to stop myself form hitting YOU or the on coming car. i want to knock some common sense into you.

whqqsh, Feb 14, 4:20am
the idiots who promoted the 1.5 metre gap when passing the lycra-brigade need the same treatment. Measure where you sit when navigating around these mobile speed humps! Imagine where the average cyclist sits on the road, if they actually know how to ride alone (I think many have abandonment issues) or if not in single file (yeah right!). Add to that 1.5 metres (remember a Commodore is about 1.8) clearance then your car beside that. where does that put your car, 3/4s over the centre line looking down the middle of the bonnets of oncoming traffic. AND that best case scenario IF the cyclist doing what he/shes supposed to be doing by keeping left & in single file.

rbjz, Feb 14, 4:26am
i remember cycle ads on tv once aimed at motorists, wheres the adds for cyclists to set them some life saving rules! a 5kg bike is easier to move then a 1400 kilo motor vehicle at 100k.safety needs input from both parties.

chito, Feb 14, 4:28am
The Taupo bypass has a cycle track, but they still ride on the road. Admittedly, you would need a mountain bike on the track. I drive a motorhome and we are encouraged not to drive in close convoy,one behind the other so faster vehicles can pass one at a time. Cyclists for some reason think they can do what they like and motor vehicles should creep behind a line of them forever until it's safe to pass the lot. I just came through the National Park area and found this.

pup2, Feb 14, 4:35am
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/6417114/Man-accelerated-into-girlfriend-crown
Yea b100dy pedestrians. They think they have the right to walk everywhere. o hang on. Wrong thread. This is a cyclist bashing thread again. I really need to take more care when reading a thread title.

As if drivers could ever admit to being 50% of the prob along with cyclists. Drivers never crash or cause accidents lol

attitudedesignz, Feb 14, 4:40am
When have you ever heard a "person" on a push bike admitting THEY were in the wrong! I'll hazard a guess and say NEVER.

rbjz, Feb 14, 4:41am
there's only so much us drivers can do when it comes to blind corners and cyclists covering the road, i don't want to be the one responsible for hitting them one day as I'm sure no one else does,

dasfi, Feb 14, 5:18am
I think they should be paying a rego fee aswell since there on the road

gunhand, Feb 14, 5:20am
So you want a 12 yo paying rego!Or is it just the lycra clad ones!

attitudedesignz, Feb 14, 5:23am
If they want to ride a bicycle on the roads that "motorists" pay for then yes all of them.

gunhand, Feb 14, 5:27am
Bloody hell I need to do a few back yarders then. Wife 3 kids and I all go for the occasional bike ride, not 3 abreast either. So Id have to rego two cars one trailer and 5 push bikes and a motorcycle when I get another. Ouch.
And having two motorists in the family we kinda do pay.

berg, Feb 14, 5:35am
But we have two motorists in our house gun and and we pay for two cars and extra for two motorbikes. Shouldn't cyclists pay their share if I have to pay more than my share for the motorbikes

dasfi, Feb 14, 5:36am
Get screwed for everything else in the country so why not the cyclists aswell

attitudedesignz, Feb 14, 5:40am
Yes gun', but you pay to use the motorized vehicles on the road. What annoys me is the people who say "I pay license fee for the car and motorbike so why should i have to pay for my bicycle"

Well you're not on your motorcycle or in your car when you're two abreast riding up the single lane rural road i live on are ya!

gunhand, Feb 14, 5:41am
Dont worry when they price fuel and rego's out of average joe blows reach and everyone turns to pushbikes you can sure as hell bet they will tax it. Then ya will be pissed off lol.

gunhand, Feb 14, 5:43am
We are not stupid enough to put our lives and kids lives at risk riding in stupid palces. And dont ride two abreast either. In single file with myself or wife at point and one following.

attitudedesignz, Feb 14, 5:49am
Wasn't pointed at ya gun', was a broad generalization of cyclists.

gunhand, Feb 14, 5:53am
Wasnt taking it personally mate. dont get me wrong arrogant cyclists just like arrogant motorists piss me off just as much as anyone. But I let it go and carry on.

zephyrheaven, Feb 14, 5:55am
I pay 8 cars rego's so come knock some common sense into me if ya hard enough

barbuzz, Feb 14, 6:07am
Yea, should be a bumper sticker like "If you ride 3 abreast, I'm taking two of ya's out".

whqqsh, Feb 14, 6:08am
just re'regod a classic car & 80% of that was ACC levies. Motorbike riders do it even harder at rego-time. I reckon cyclists should be stumping up some dosh

rbjz, Feb 14, 6:10am
what the hell have i done/said!

likit, Feb 14, 6:16am
Try driving a truck with 45,000kg behind you & having to slow down to 10km/hr to let the on coming car go pass you before you have to go wide pass the cyclists & then slowly get up to speed again.It infuriates me they seem to stick to narrow windy roads.Roads were designed for vehicles to be going 90-100km/hr.Ban all cyclists from roads as far as I'm concerned,let them fund their own cycleways.

dr.doolittle, Feb 14, 6:23am
User pays healthcare would be a good starting point.
I'd wager non cyclists would be the first to complain.

gypsypom, Feb 14, 6:25am
I think they should at least pay the acc levy, with so many getting injured and killed of late, maybe the cycling faze will pass its becoming a dying breed