Toyota Hilux Injector problems

Page 1 / 4
kaney, Feb 12, 2:41am
I have a 2011 hiace with the same d4d motor. we have had it since new (oct 2011) and have always had it serviced by toyota on their 'no worries, serive plan' it has since clocked up 350,000 and hasn't missed a beat.
If these motors are well looked after they look after your wallet!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 12, 2:50am
How often in terms of months/km's do you get it serviced under that plan!
What sort of money does it cost per service!

mugenb20b, Feb 12, 6:08am
Hiace and Hilux engines share the same long block. All the other crap that's attached to it is slightly different. But, thanks for bumping a year old thread.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 12, 6:13am
Hey, be kind. given they bought a new Hiace, you might be expecting a bit much.

mugenb20b, Feb 12, 6:20am
350 000kms in 15 months. Holy shit. So that's around 23 000kms a month, which means the van would get a service every 2 weeks at $200 a pop and it would've been on its third cambelt (changed twice). I think you'll find any vehicle will do that kind of mileage in such a short time frame.

aaanda, Feb 26, 11:16pm
Anyone had any problems with the 2007 and upwards injectors on their hilux utes!

bigfatmat1, Feb 26, 11:29pm
lots of people have!

aaanda, Feb 26, 11:42pm
Yeah well our diesel motor has shat itself at 150,000 and Toyota don't want to know about it, so looking for others that have had the same prob!

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 11:42pm
Yep (our clients have, not me). Every 45 000 km, injector seat washers need replacing. Failure to do so will ultimately destroy your engine.

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 11:43pm
Yep, one of our clients has stuffed his one at 180k too. Toyota wouldn't come to the party, cost $8k to rebuild the motor, injectors are $900 each (x4), but you can get them cheaper.

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 11:45pm
Toyota are "covering their arses" by saying you should check your valve clearances every 45 000 kms. To do so, injectors have to come out, which means, new seat washers are required. It's all BS, but that's how it is. Oh, and I believe Toyota NEVER had a service manual for these motors.

net_oz, Feb 26, 11:48pm
So, what has happened to cause a stuffed motor!

aaanda, Feb 26, 11:57pm
Injectors and seals!

a.woodrow, Feb 27, 12:17am
"covering their arses"! But if you follow the recommended service requirements and it doesn't break down, what's the problem! All maintenence is to stop a vehicle breaking down, ultimately

johnf_456, Feb 27, 12:22am
Yeps

aaanda, Feb 27, 12:23am
This vehicle was regularly serviced!

thunderbolt, Feb 27, 12:25am
By someone who had no idea of the service requirements for this engine it would appear.

andrea_w, Feb 27, 12:26am
If not, saying it was serviced regularly is irrelevant.

johnf_456, Feb 27, 12:31am
If it was serviced properly by someone who knew what to service.

intrade, Feb 27, 2:45am
number 1 problem is ulsd-diesel. it roots your injection system if you dont use at all times a additive to prevent damage from insufficient lubrication of ulsd. You also need ultra-hard nozzle in your injectors to make them last longer on ulsd- or they will be worn out ultra-fast and engine damage occures if injector nozzles are worn on these new commonrail .

wasser61, Feb 27, 2:58am
News to me to use an additive!

jsbike, Feb 27, 3:00am
surely if its sold in NZ new then it should be able to run on NZ diesel without any additive, if not, the engine is not fit for its purpose.

intrade, Feb 27, 3:08am

intrade, Feb 27, 3:10am
the fuel is not fit for its purpose. that is the problem
read up on how ulsd diesel is made and read up about marsden point oil rafinery also. the plant is outdated and cant process fuel to the standardplus they use the cheapest crude oil for maximum profit= more hydrogen is used to treat the diesel making it far worse for not lubricating then european fuels with high-tech up to date plants and good crude oil.

jsbike, Feb 27, 3:23am
So the fuel is constant, ie its always been bad, so why are Toyota selling cars that cannot run in the given fuel! To me, thats like an American company selling electrical products in NZ that need 110v to run