Police not expecting increase in traffic accidents

Page 2 / 2
ianrich, Mar 25, 3:28am
True. However before 1999 vehicles entering a roundabout going straight through were required to indicate right as they entered the roundabout.

gunhand, Mar 25, 3:34am
Down here the foliage in the roundabouts is high enough so you cant see anyones indicators anyway.

therafter1, Mar 25, 3:55am
Lol, the powers that be are a ruddy joke aren't they eh . the idea of a roundabout is to improve traffic flow, so some berk decides that it will be a good idea to mound the earth in the centre of the roundabout, then another berk comes along and decides that the mounded centre would look much better with a liberal dose of agapanthus or such scattered around everywhere . its like riding a ghost train at the fair, all very well for the locals etc that traverse it every day, not so well for the odd visitor tho.

magicmat, Mar 25, 4:23am
I doubt there will be more accidents to be honest. When driving today it appears most people are being more cautious than usual as nobody seems sure who understands the rule change or not. I have to admit, the 'top of the t' rule is one that I already followed instinctively anyway. Plus I spend a bit of time in Aussie anyway so got used to following these rules. mostly.

therafter1, Mar 25, 4:32am
And that will be the case for the foreseeable future, there will be many that are not aware that the rules have changed plus the usual imbeciles that don't have a clue anyway, so if you drive normally (read defensively) and keep an eye out then nothing should change.

Anyone that is driving anywhere assuming that others know what they are doing is asking for trouble. A bit like berks with their lights on assuming that because they have their lights on people won't turn across their path, pull out on them, or overtake at them, cos they will !

magicmat, Mar 25, 4:38am
Yea I agree, at the end of the day you always have to assume everyone else on the road is a complete moron and drive accordingly. This stance has saved me from being involved in many an accident on the circus that is our roads!

resolutionx, Mar 25, 4:49am
Just popped up the road o get some stuff and every roundabout I passed through has a heaps of glass/broken indicator remains surrouning it.

manukarose1, Mar 25, 4:49am
I have to go out soon - wish me luck - or success or whatever lol.

therafter1, Mar 25, 5:07am
Lol, that's probably normal, you have just never noticed it before because you haven't been looking for it.

There should be no difference whatsoever at roundabouts as the changes have nothing to do with roundabouts !

resolutionx, Mar 25, 5:08am
Oh no, I do notice and its really bad today.

aragorn2003, Mar 25, 5:53am
Had my first experience of the new rules.

Asian guy in a little black euro pulls out from a give way onto the main road with me nearly T boning him . Obviously is either a bad driver or got the new rules round the wrong way . maybe both

tussocknut, Mar 25, 6:20am
in that case, i definitely should have been failed on my restricted for failing to indicate.