Advice please. Ok bought a car from a dealer 5 weeks ago paid 10500 for it this car has broken down four times and been in to be

minniemuffin, Mar 29, 7:54am
ok bought a car from a dealer 5 weeks ago paid 10,500 for it this car has broken down four times and been in to be fixed twice was told they had definatly found the problem this time but alas no it broke down again today. Now bearing in mind i have a high needs special needs and having a reliable vehicle is extremly important also this child does not fear well with any changes and so far we have been in and out of different courtesy vehicles over the last five weeks , anyway after today i demanded that i wanted the vehicle replaced that i have had enough but they keep saying i need to give them the chance again to fix it do i have the right to stick to my guns and say no definatly want a new vehichle.

minniemuffin, Mar 29, 7:54am
high needs special needs child that was ment to be

bella-boo, Mar 29, 7:55am
What does it say in consumer guarantees act!Or fair trading act!

bae13, Mar 29, 8:30am
you gotta give them a chance to fix the issue.
despite the crap you will hear on here or from anyones uncles brother sister stories it is impossible to plug a tool in and it will tell you the fault, sure a good scanner will tell you what circuit but never tell you the exact fault.

or when a car cuts out once every day it can be very hard to replicate the fault, and with various sensors that can cut a car out/make it run rough you cant just start replacing pieces.
if you think your getting the run around, ask the dealer to take it elsewhere, if he wont then you can, bearing in mind you would have to pay for that.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 29, 8:13pm
A failure of substantial character is grounds to reject the vehicle under the provisions of the CGA. After 4 breakdowns in 5 weeks that certainly meets the criteria.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 29, 8:31pm

minniemuffin, Mar 29, 8:50pm
thankyou tonyrockyhorror for that advice it backs up what i have been trying to tell them

kazbanz, Mar 29, 10:50pm
Minnie --Look I empathise with your situation re special needs child but that makes apsolutely no difference to your situation or legal standing.
First thing first. What exactly is the car and what exactly is/are the fault or faults!
You mention that it has given mechanical issues four times but been in for repair twice.what hapened to it the other two times.

The problem is that the real world and google theory are a long way appart.
In order to reject a car the issue has to be of a major nature.
If the dealership is doing its best to sort the problem and its something minor (no matter how inconvenient it is to you) they are doing what is required of them under the CGA etc.