Great Wall problems

Page 3 / 3
richardmayes, Jul 5, 8:46am
One of these things is not like the other.
You can see how people would be confused, yeah!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 5, 9:53am
I am talking about Chinese manufacturing business when I refer to the "Chinese" in this context.

The problem is not the person on the assembly line, they just do as they are told, its the management and company culture. Its this culture that is grossly different to the Japanese company/management culture.

BTW, "culture" is exactly the correct business/academic term, go and look it up if you want.

The person on the assembly line does not decide to save hundreds of millions by ripping off another companies design or to save a few dollars by using sub standard bolts to hold something together.

I hope that clarifies my position for you.

Plenty of books on this subject around for anyone who is interested. The impact of company culture is immense and while each company is different their are national trends as well. The French, Americans, British etc also have their good and bad general national traits in business. To try and pretend this dosn't exist for the sake of being "PC" is simply absurd.

jenny188, Jul 5, 11:38am
[quote=thejazzpiano

Yes some of the early Japanese motors were licensed copies of British engines. I don't remember the 60's and 70's but have owned plenty of cars from the era (and still do).

I am not really sure what you are trying to get at with your post to be honest!

The Japanese were busy applying Kaizen (continuous incremental improvements) to their automotive industry to great effect. Just look at the likes of Honda, not only were their motorcycle engines soo good that they are still produced today but by the 70's their cars were some of the best in their class. Those early Civics and Accords in particular were really something for their time.

Sorry but late 70's joke was : if you dont like your wife buy her a Honda Civic, They had bad reputation for major body rust and folding in half and killing the occupant. Sad but true. my point is the Japs first brought reliability into the used car market , then long term reliability and later quality. This was progressive over 25 plus years. As to date China does not have the 25 years history of improvements. They may or may not surpass the Japanese or the Koreans or any other modern manufacturer. Family here has American outboard, 3 jap cars and 1 Australian one. No closed minds for the future