Toyota Granvia/Reguis

Page 1 / 3
specialk11, Jul 3, 10:24am
Does anyone know the difference between the two!
I suspect the Reguis is narrower and slightly longer, Is that correct!

franc123, Jul 3, 10:45am
Granvia is a luxury people carrier, the Regius is more a basic goods vehicle, you can get Regius versions with seats in them however

thejazzpianoma, Jul 3, 10:55am
LMAO, "luxury". come on, its the product of a design team of transvestite gypsies.

I would say "luxury my ass" but I don't fancy having 50 sq meters of velour stuffed up me like a Christmas turkey.

franc123, Jul 3, 11:08am
Still preferable than being seen dead in a Multipla, or waiting yet again for roadside assistance to show up to your dead VW Touran or Sharan. But hey each to their own.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 3, 11:10am
MMMmmmmm got to love the smell of cheesy car dealer misinformation in the evening.

Come back to me when you have actually owned some of those vehicles. I have, and I have done the math.

I have spent time driving Toyota's substandard product too.

wimwom, Jul 3, 11:18am
The granvia is larger overall.

r15, Jul 3, 11:24am
and toyota continues to have a good reputation for making a reasonable car for a reasonable person for a reasonable place.that have a tendancy to be super reliable more so than their european counterparts in this country

thejazzpianoma, Jul 3, 11:29am
LOL, thats the comedy thing. The likes of a Multipla is in reality far more reliable than Toyota's Diesel Granvia. It also requires less than half the servicing.

Just more silly wives tales repeated by drones who don't do their own math.

Toyota's "reputation" for those Diesel engines is appalling. As for price, you have to be kidding right! They are some of the most dreadfully overpriced vehicles available.

Thankyou for illustrating how people rush to mindlessly repeat the tired mantra instead of actually researching the options properly.

franc123, Jul 3, 11:32am
Sorry not silly enough to ever own either of those, they are and always have been a ghastly proposition to own outside of Europe.And no I'm not a seller of used vehicles either.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 3, 11:34am
Yeah, what would I know. I have only done 120'000km in my current one. Over which time its required a fraction of the mechanical attention a Toyota equivalent would require. Not to mention the thousands of dollars of fuel I have saved.

Just more tired car dealer inspired nonsense. Nothing difficult about owning one in NZ either. Parts are cheap and easy to get, not that I have needed hardly anything.

r15, Jul 3, 11:48am
to me toyotas are very cheap to own, i typically keep them for 2 years and sell them for 2k more than i pay for them.

i dont think i could ever do that with anything euro,

also i'm yet to have one fail.
i mostly have had high km toyota diesels with questionable service history, some turbo, some not,and as well as them have had a host of other models mostly with -GE or -GTE engines.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 3, 11:54am
Everyone is just coloured by perception.

Its rare for me to sell a car for less than I have paid for it. I not only make a profit but I save a fortune on running costs along the way as well. With the likes of these people movers my running costs are less than half what the Toyota equivalent is, that's HUGE!

Plus I have better safety, less money tied up in the vehicle and a much nicer vehicle to drive with less servicing to worry about. The only reason the Toyota sells is because people just follow the sheep in front of them. They don't do the math on the comparative running costs and even if this is pointed out to them they are still too scared to not follow the pack.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 3, 11:58am
You have been really lucky. Some good friends of mine who are mechanics (and really look after their vehicles) have had each of their collective 3 Toyota Diesels crack heads over a couple of years.

It seems every other time I drop into their workshop yet another Toyota diesel is in there getting a new head.

Even if they didn't fail you still have twice the running cost and twice the servicing. Not only that you are suffering through that on the incorrect assumption that the alternative is unreliable. which it isn't. Thats the silly thing, Kiwi's are so brainwashed they think Euro Diesels are unreliable. Yet they are the very very best diesels in the world. ask people in any other country and they will tell you!

r15, Jul 3, 12:01pm
i dont think they are unreliable, i just dont think that when my euro diesel shits itself not many people will know much about it, used parts will be out of the question and new parts will likely not be available, or be expensive.

on the other hand if my trusty 1kz shits itself i can source a new head for under $1000 overnight.

which it wont, because i know how not to overheat an engine.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 3, 12:07pm
Again its just a popular but incorrect assumption. I have worked on and sourced parts for Toyota Diesels and its not been any easier than for my Fiats.

Also, the chances of a good Euro diesel failing are very very low so its not really an issue anyway.

You have to remember on a worldwide scale the Toyota diesel is the little guy. Fiat diesels for example not only power the Fiat/Alfa range but Suzuki's, Opel/Vauxhal's etc etc. These vehicles are then sold en-mass to popular Diesel buying countries where more diesel cars are sold than petrol ones. The volume sold absolutely dwarf's Toyota's.

As a result parts are made on mass and very cheaply available. There are several NZ importers who stock anything you might need and can supply you overnight.

Secondhand parts are available too, the likes of Dino enterprises and Italian Auto's wreck these vehicles, but its a very very very rare thing for me ever to require a secondhand part.

drsr, Jul 3, 6:54pm
x1
The Regius is about 10cm narrower, about the same length though. The petrol versions have different engines (Regius 3RZ-FE 2.7L, Granvia 5VZ-FE 3.4L), the diesel engines are the same.

gadgit3, Jul 3, 7:39pm
Oh hay look at that Jazz is back to destory every post with the word Toyota in it.

wimwom, Jul 3, 9:00pm
Granvia is wider and higher and also has 2.7 3rzfe.

flack88, Jul 3, 9:20pm
Those Toyo Granvias fly with the 1kz t in them,just uprate shocks and springs and they handle well[for a van] like any vehicle ,keep cooling system maintained and you wont have problem.

mugenb20b, Jul 3, 10:05pm
Take one for a drive.

kazbanz, Jul 4, 12:04am
Troll allerttroll alert troll alert.

kazbanz, Jul 4, 12:14am
I'm struggling to see the conection between the origonal question and your response.
Question
Does anyone know the difference between the two!
I suspect the Reguis is narrower and slightly longer, Is that correct!
Given your extensive knowledge of all vehicles why not give an informative resoponse!

trdbzr, Jul 4, 2:38am
A lot of shouting and wailing and crying and drivel from Jazz is not counted as knowledge.

specialk11, Jul 4, 4:26am
Thanks for confirming my thoughts guys, I think I'm going to get a Granvia diesel.Besides the fact they don't like being overheated is there anything else I should be wary of!.Is there any way to tell if the speedo has been disconnected to avoid RUC etc etc!

skyblue17, Jul 4, 4:32am
If only you could see how childish you and the other idiots look. Fancy being such vocal Toyota fans. Some of you people wouldnt know what 'class' was if it bit you on the ass.