Toyota Hilux sr5 2010 ? 486666003

Page 2 / 2
phillip.weston, Jun 24, 9:24am
and would have the 90kW engine. The Amarok is a great ute but I feel it is let down by the engine. VW have a whole range of larger engines at their disposal so why did they opt for a peaky 2.0L when the rest of the class has 2.5-3.5L diesels with more power and torque! And yes Jazz I have driven an Amarok and there's no denying they have a massive flat spot straight off idle until the turbo boosts, which often leads to an embarrasing stall. It's a well documented quirk which just about all motoring magazines who have reviews the Amarok have commented on. Other than that the Amarok is better in just about every other aspect - comfort, refinement, usability (tray is bigger than a Hilux). though we are yet to see how the quality stacks up against the proven Japanese utes, and going off VW's track record it may not be great.

gunhand, Jun 24, 9:24am
So, it will be better than new then.

phillip.weston, Jun 24, 9:24am
Do you know the extent of the damage it had! Must have been pretty major to write off a $40k vehicle.

snj11, Jun 24, 9:25am
like i said dont know whether its a good or a bad thing but as long as repair done well i dont see an issue, and it would have to be done to a certain standard to get back through compliance

snj11, Jun 24, 9:26am
had a decent wack in the front, i know of someone involved in the repair, i know it took a few goes to get it driving in a straight line

boojum, Jun 24, 9:33am
And that TOYOTA decal is was smaller too.

snj11, Jun 24, 9:34am
pretty sure it was front and side damage but i guess tail gate could of got damaged too, think there was a ditch involved, cant remember 100% what i was told

blackbnz, Jun 25, 8:14am
Hey thanks went into car yard this afternoon said left wheel pushed backhe couldnt understand why written off! reckons wasnt that bad !!put me off tho already bought a sheepshagger from trademe and got stung with injectors and the rest cost me a fortune so not into damaged utes

snj11, Jun 25, 8:16am
haha it was alot more than left whhel pushed back, insurance companies dont write of $50k utes for a wheel pushed back, i wouldnt trust that yard one bit either, they have always been less than honest